OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i use Vibrant if i run an algae reactor with chaetomorpha?
I run a fuge with chaeto, so I don't know why not. Just don't dose more than every other week. My tank is so clean I had to cut back to once every 3 weeks to keep my chaeto growing. I consider it a nice problem to have.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo practice... I know.. you guys get tired of seeing the same ones over and over.. These are just some of the easiest to take pictures of to practice on.
red.jpg

gsp2.jpg

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo practice... I know.. you guys get tired of seeing the same ones over and over.. These are just some of the easiest to take pictures of to practice on.
red.jpg

gsp2.jpg
@Brew12 .. iT never gets boring looking at beautiful corals ...:p:D

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I do have one, but it is lent out right now. I haven't tested since I made my last change. I hope to get it back next week. I use Vibrant at a maintenance dose so not sure you would gain much algae information based only on my lighting.

My tank is going thru the uglies. I’m not really concerned about the light effect w algae as I am finding the right spectrum for the corals.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red.jpg

gsp2.jpg

Simply beautiful, Steven!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply beautiful, Steven!
Thank you!
I am determined to figure this whole camera thing out.

On a separate note, I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated right now. So far, only a few friends have seen my tank in person. On Saturday, I am hosting our local reef club. Some of these people have almost as many years in the hobby as I have months. It will be interesting to see what comments they have when they see my system in person. ;Nailbiting

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

On a separate note, I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated right now. So far, only a few friends have seen my tank in person. On Saturday, I am hosting our local reef club. Some of these people have almost as many years in the hobby as I have months. It will be interesting to see what comments they have when they see my system in person. ;Nailbiting

That sounds like a lot of fun!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a lot of fun!
It should be, I've met with them a few times and they are really great people.

People are going to love your tank! :)
I hope so! I'm proud of what I have done in my limited time in the hobby. They will be the first people with a salt water aquarium to ever see mine so I hope it goes well!

Of course, I owe a lot of that to you! My first tank was a mess until you helped me get it cleaned up. And I applied those lessons to this tank from the start.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks fantastic!

I really miss the local club I had in Ohio. So many good, helpful people. We tried to have club meetings once a month at someone’s house. A lot of Frag swapping and good fellowship.

Have fun this weekend!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks with that many years in know that every tank is different, and the work that it takes to get where you are. I'd expect constructive criticism, appreciation - and maybe a bit of good-natured ribbing.

Tank looks great to me, and those last photos are sharp and vibrant!

~Bruce

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

We always hold ourselves to the highest of standards. Some may have years to your months or tanks running for decades but the bottom line is they were all just getting started at some point too. Have fun!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We always hold ourselves to the highest of standards. Some may have years to your months or tanks running for decades but the bottom line is they were all just getting started at some point too. Have fun!

So true. Starting a new system can be challenging, but fun. Then there's the "boy, I want a tank full of coral" phase, but watching corals grow is enjoyable as well.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true. Starting a new system can be challenging, but fun. Then there's the "boy, I want a tank full of coral" phase, but watching corals grow is enjoyable as well.
Watching the coral grow is amazing. I've always thought of it as something that grows very slowly, but that isn't the case once conditions are right. I've been amazed at how much growth I've gotten since I changed my light settings.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching the coral grow is amazing. I've always thought of it as something that grows very slowly, but that isn't the case once conditions are right. I've been amazed at how much growth I've gotten since I changed my light settings.
It's so nice when a reefer hits the sweet zone.

Brew,
Your doing great and the others will love your reef.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

I know the feeling, remember the first time we did a coral swap and behind the scenes tour at the museum for the Swedish coral "experts". But it was great fun and everybode was really nice! :)
Have fun on Saturday!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew when u dose vibrant do you just dose the manufactures suggestion?
I do. Other than frequency now anyway. My chaeto did fine dosing every other week at 1ml per 10g for awhile but now I've cut back to every 3 weeks. Other than some cyano that I like having in my fuge there just isn't much else algae wise in my system.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back