Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am in a picture kind of mood, dinner hit the spot.

And none of @Robin Haselden alien turds!
steak.JPG

Always gotta pick on my Brussels sprouts. And okra... let me guess, you don't eat collards either. I beginning to think you need to move even further south than Alabama. I'm not sure that there is an area more south than "the south," but it hasn't rubbed off on you yet. That corn looks awesome, oh yea and that big chunk of bone-in heaven. ;Drool;Drool

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always gotta pick on my Brussels sprouts. And okra... let me guess, you don't eat collards either. I beginning to think you need to move even further south than Alabama. I'm not sure that there is an area more south than "the south," but it hasn't rubbed off on you yet. That corn looks awesome, oh yea and that big chunk of bone-in heaven. ;Drool;Drool
I'll admit, I've become addicted to southern BBQ but just can't do the veggies. I'll stick with my northern staples!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tough decision to make today. I'm considering ripping apart my system to catch the flame angel and the 6-line. Traps aren't working because I catch other fish first. I have some fish that will feed right out of a net but the two fish I need removed won't come near it. Very frustrating.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the hook method?
I haven't, but I think I would have the same issue as with the traps. The bigger fish would go at it and keep the flame away.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you have to pull everyone? That would suck but I think still be better than a tear down.
I've thought about it. Even the 55g I keep for an emergency would be small for them long term. And it could take several weeks to catch them all. Not seeing many good options at this point.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about it. Even the 55g I keep for an emergency would be small for them long term. And it could take several weeks to catch them all. Not seeing many good options at this point.
Think it would take that long? How many fish we talking?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it would take that long? How many fish we talking?
15 fish. I could get a few of them the first day with a net. I think after that they would get spooked and I would be lucky to get one every 2 or 3 days.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that’s a lot of fish. Crud.

How about segregating the tank space down? IIRC your rock work would allow you to get eggcrate between sections, no? If you can get the tank segregated into say 1/4’s you’d have less to pull apart.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah that’s a lot of fish. Crud.

How about segregating the tank space down? IIRC your rock work would allow you to get eggcrate between sections, no? If you can get the tank segregated into say 1/4’s you’d have less to pull apart.
I'm trying to figure out a way to block it in half by pulling some of the rocks. Even that will be a challenge with the way I have things overlapped.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out a way to block it in half by pulling some of the rocks. Even that will be a challenge with the way I have things overlapped.
Could you block the back of the rocks and get it pinned to the front glass area and then block the front of the rocks?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you block the back of the rocks and get it pinned to the front glass area and then block the front of the rocks?

Most of my rock work spans front to back. Quick phone pic
IMG_0002.JPG

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks @Brew. I am really shocked the wrasse won’t go in. Not sure what kind of trap you are using but if you might try to put some pvc pieces in the trap and place it near the rockwork. It might make him feel safer.
I've been trying a bottle trap. I can catch the blenny and the damsels very easily. I think they beat the 6-line into the trap each time.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back