OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay....... Mouse.......reef related......

Okay, I get it!Lol
Glad you picked up on it, and hope you got it right... remember, it isn't mouse related. It is related to what he is doing.
Not sure why the first gif didn't work. It was much less distracting than the mouse. He was waving a baton, too. ;)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conductivity probe
Again, so close! An orchestra has a conductor, a marching band has a director!

I'm a GHL user, so I got a KH Director. Hopefully I'll have it running by next weekend.

Can't wait to get it set up and see just what my alk is doing over the course of a week. The main reason is that I've had dosing issues that stopped my kalk dosing a few times. With as much as I dose during the day, the heads wear out quickly. Hasn't caused much problem yet but I figure this will make a problem even less likely in the future.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have been easier if the animation worked on the gif... let's try a different one.
giphy[1].gif
I have no idea sir what piece of equipment you refereing to but I just love a fantastic Disney reference.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea sir what piece of equipment you refereing to but I just love a fantastic Disney reference.
My wife and I go visit the mouse this winter. Can't wait!

The KH Director is an automatic alkalinity monitoring system. With my GHL dosers, it will automatically adjust dosing rates of my 2-part to keep alk steady.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I go visit the mouse this winter. Can't wait!

The KH Director is an automatic alkalinity monitoring system. With my GHL dosers, it will automatically adjust dosing rates of my 2-part to keep alk steady.
Wow! that is pretty nuts about the dosing control. I did not know that lind of technology existed.
But even more exciting is a visit to the mouse! We love Disney!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, so close! An orchestra has a conductor, a marching band has a director!

I'm a GHL user, so I got a KH Director. Hopefully I'll have it running by next weekend.

Can't wait to get it set up and see just what my alk is doing over the course of a week. The main reason is that I've had dosing issues that stopped my kalk dosing a few times. With as much as I dose during the day, the heads wear out quickly. Hasn't caused much problem yet but I figure this will make a problem even less likely in the future.
That’s what I meant the director I have the gaurdian tho
It is interesting to see the consumption rate in real time but with everything once u get your alk dialed (I dose triton elements so I have it set up where I only have a .2 difference daily dosing with my tanks consumption per hour and working in getting it to .0) in u don’t really look at it anymore
I have alerts set up if it get out of whack so I kinda have just enjoyed the growth

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! that is pretty nuts about the dosing control. I did not know that lind of technology existed.
But even more exciting is a visit to the mouse! We love Disney!
My wife is a huge Disney fan. We took James when he was much younger and wanted to go one last time as a family last year but had to push it back. They aren't going to let him out of boot camp to go with us, so my wife and I are doing it without him. Ah well. For me, I want to see what it looks like when it is decorated for Christmas. I've heard it is amazing so we will see it for ourselves this year.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I meant the director I have the gaurdian tho
It is interesting to see the consumption rate in real time but with everything once u get your alk dialed (I dose triton elements so I have it set up where I only have a .2 difference daily dosing with my tanks consumption per hour and working in getting it to .0) in u don’t really look at it anymore
I have alerts set up if it get out of whack so I kinda have just enjoyed the growth
My tank is young enough but with enough growth that I need to adjust dosing rates every week or two. Will be very nice to automate that process. I'm also curious to see how much my Alk fluctuates over the course of a day.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is young enough but with enough growth that I need to adjust dosing rates every week or two. Will be very nice to automate that process. I'm also curious to see how much my Alk fluctuates over the course of a day.
At least from what I have read and what I have seen with my tank alk consumes two hours after lights come on and two and a half after lights go out
When u put anything in the tank besides food consumption slows down ie tank maintance glueing frags aptasia killing so on and so forth

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back