OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I've been crazy busy the last few days with the holidays and everything they entail. I need to do a little more work on the lights but will try to get my first "official" FTS later today.

For now, how about a midget?
shrimp.JPG

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to come up with a better lighting option for taking photos. The tank doesn't look nearly so blue in person.

You can see I also have a small algae issue along with some aiptasia. The peppermint shrimp leave the big ones alone but limit the spread. I'll dig through and see if I can find a few more photos that aren't washed out in blue.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are two more for my GSP rock and a zoa rock. Have a few more small pieces to make more zoa islands.

DSC_0084.JPG

zoarock.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't mind having a GSP island but I'm still afraid I would find it on the main structure eventually.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind having a GSP island but I'm still afraid I would find it on the main structure eventually.
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a concern. Hoping I can maintain it well enough to prevent that. I love the color and motion it brings to the tank.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a concern. Hoping I can maintain it well enough to prevent that. I love the color and motion it brings to the tank.

I’ve got a GSP island in mine and so far so good.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a GSP island in mine and so far so good.
I know... where do you think I stole the idea from? :p

Is it much work to keep on the rock?

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know... where do you think I stole the idea from? :p

Is it much work to keep on the rock?

Nope. I try to keep it about an inch away from anything else. It completely covers the rock so when it grows over the edge, I grab some scissors and trim it.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I try to keep it about an inch away from anything else. It completely covers the rock so when it grows over the edge, I grab some scissors and trim it.
Great. I've got a good 3"-4" from anything near mine so it should be easy.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out thinking, man it sounds nice to upgrade to a big tank, and finished thinking I don't need that much work....
lol! It has been a lot of work, but I love it. Very pleased with the results so far.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!
I've been afraid of gsp as well, maybe Ill give it a go.
Thanks! Still has a way to go, but this system is everything I had hoped so far.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the P4 treating you?
So far so good. The programming is a little odd but I'm getting used to it. The Apex is much easier to program in my opinion and I'm not sure I would recommend the P4 to someone who isn't tech savvy. Even simple things like using 2 heaters with different set points isn't straight forward. It's not hard to do, but it is not intuitive.

I should get the add on card to allow me to run the lights from the P4 tomorrow. I am definitely loving the lights. So much control! And the color options are amazing.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. The programming is a little odd but I'm getting used to it. The Apex is much easier to program in my opinion and I'm not sure I would recommend the P4 to someone who isn't tech savvy. Even simple things like using 2 heaters with different set points isn't straight forward. It's not hard to do, but it is not intuitive.

I should get the add on card to allow me to run the lights from the P4 tomorrow. I am definitely loving the lights. So much control! And the color options are amazing.
I agree, its very tricky, but also very stable once set up. I actually had to have Vinny remote in my computer after a Windows update and help me out.
Great customer service. Getting PL set up was confusing, but now makes sense.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that my flat structure ended up closer to the surface than I had wanted. This put it right under my gyre wasn't going to work. I thought about pulling it and rebuilding it lower but really didn't want to deal with that mess. If it were the summer right now, I may have done it.
Instead, I moved everything around and am pleased with the results. I still think I will get the impact I am looking for and the flow conditions are much better.

Not the best pictures but I wanted to get some posted. Hopefully will do a better update this coming weekend.

newfts1.JPG

sideview.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back