Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is incredibly impressive! I can only hope to have that kind of long term success!
Thanks for the kind sentiment. I am sure you will be in this hobby as long as you choose to be. You wil not be outsmarted by setbacks. :)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Blackeye

Leave that little fishy alone.
I am. He's a cutie and hard to catch so I've given up on my wrasse dream. Once these anthias get into my system the only thing left for me to add will be a female mandarin. Then, I think I'm done.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am. He's a cutie and hard to catch so I've given up on my wrasse dream. Once these anthias get into my system the only thing left for me to add will be a female mandarin. Then, I think I'm done.
Lol! Said every aquarium keeper ever!

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can empathize on the anthias. I’ve tried 7 carberryi and I currrently have 2. Funnily enough they made it through QT only to engage in what I imagine was politics in the display. I saw two of the smaller females with wounds from the larger established male. I’ll try them again as I love the colors, but they are very tricky and pull at your heart strings.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can empathize on the anthias. I’ve tried 7 carberryi and I currrently have 2. Funnily enough they made it through QT only to engage in what I imagine was politics in the display. I saw two of the smaller females with wounds from the larger established male. I’ll try them again as I love the colors, but they are very tricky and pull at your heart strings.
Thank you. They are the one fish I have struggled with. I do think the remaining 5 will do just fine as long as I don't do anything foolish. I got 3 of 4 Carberryi's through QT only to have them all pass within 3 weeks of going in my DT. Such a sensitive fish when it comes to QT.

Edit: Ooops.. just realized I posted it elsewhere but not here. I lost another of the anthias this morning. So, the two that had visible issues when I received them are gone. The rest are doing great.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. They are the one fish I have struggled with. I do think the remaining 5 will do just fine as long as I don't do anything foolish. I got 3 of 4 Carberryi's through QT only to have them all pass within 3 weeks of going in my DT. Such a sensitive fish when it comes to QT.

Edit: Ooops.. just realized I posted it elsewhere but not here. I lost another of the anthias this morning. So, the two that had visible issues when I received them are gone. The rest are doing great.
Fingers crossed!

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say you’re doing great compared to here. Lost the Midas blenny, four clowns, three dominos, a powder blue, two Bandai cardinals in the ich/velvet battle of 2018. Happy to report the foxface is a survivor for now. So then I lost two black ocillaris, another Midas blenny, and four blue damsels in the QT arena. It seems I need a QT for my QT. The wife is not happy about the losses. But we drudge on and now the DT is doing better. About to start up the carbon/GFO and skimmer this week. I’m dismantling the QT for a thorough cleansing. It’s going back up with the bare bottom and a PVC pipe for deco for the restock.

Where did you order your fish stock? I’ve got a good wish list for the restock.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say you’re doing great compared to here. Lost the Midas blenny, four clowns, three dominos, a powder blue, two Bandai cardinals in the ich/velvet battle of 2018. Happy to report the foxface is a survivor for now. So then I lost two black ocillaris, another Midas blenny, and four blue damsels in the QT arena. It seems I need a QT for my QT. The wife is not happy about the losses. But we drudge on and now the DT is doing better. About to start up the carbon/GFO and skimmer this week. I’m dismantling the QT for a thorough cleansing. It’s going back up with the bare bottom and a PVC pipe for deco for the restock.

Where did you order your fish stock? I’ve got a good wish list for the restock.
I went with Blue Zoo Aquatics. They are a pretty good supplier imo.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reason I haven't given any updates :( Stay strong brother.
Sorry to hear your system isn't doing well. :(

This QT is almost done. Once it is, I'll focus on my DT more. It just needs some cleaning and maintenance to get it looking good again. I should have time this weekend to really get it cleaned up.

U

User1

View Badges
I have a 6-line. If he wasn't smarter than me, I would have caught him. :mad:;Eggonface

That is a small fish with a big attitude and stick. I had one years ago in a 100 gallon and it was difficult to capture. I have to say though once I figured it out he or she was much easier than when I tried to capture a flame angel. The 6-line gets a bad rap, much like a damsel, but really is a all around great multi-purpose work horse fish in a reef tank. I may even add one in my new 210 but if so it would only be has the last fish I introduce. But the always looking, swimming, active, darting, hovering, and foraging fish - they win.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a small fish with a big attitude and stick. I had one years ago in a 100 gallon and it was difficult to capture. I have to say though once I figured it out he or she was much easier than when I tried to capture a flame angel. The 6-line gets a bad rap, much like a damsel, but really is a all around great multi-purpose work horse fish in a reef tank. I may even add one in my new 210 but if so it would only be has the last fish I introduce. But the always looking, swimming, active, darting, hovering, and foraging fish - they win.
It is a beautiful fish, and thankfully isn't causing me problems. I was thinking about getting some Fairy wrasses which I know he wouldn't approve of. I've decided he is just fine staying with me instead.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back