Bright orange slime

juliehutch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bright orange slime is in my tubing of my auto top off. I think it is ferrihydrite. does anyone know anything about this. I have been trying to problem solve tank issue that has been going on for about 6 weeks.
Corals barely opening. Pincushion died (slowly). Tang died. Pistol shrimp died. Xenia died. Lots but not all hermit crabs died. Some snails died. Water parameters from my testing and at store good (except the time I found the most dead bodies and that was resolved with 25% water change)​

Still have 6 fish.

We get our water from a well and it is treated and Then I put it through the RO. Been doing this for 10+ years. (Well system is finicky and a pain in the butt but always check before making water for water changes but not necessarily for top off water.) Recently found the bright orange slime. In top off tubing.​

Does anyone know if this could be my issue? Am replacing tubing and cleaning top off water tank and top off pump.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like a combo of chemical and slime Q-tips should help with cleaning indide of tubing

Back