Brightwell No3 Brick Making My Skimmer Go Nuts!!!!

Andre Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!!! So I purchased one of these bricks about a week ago and I was wondering how long did it take for your skimmers to stop going crazy? I am going on a week now. I have taken the collection cup off the skimmer and let it overflow back into the sump. I am really tired of seeing micro bubbles in my Display tank. Thanks for your input.

U

User1

View Badges
My skimmer didn't go nuts at all. Are you sure it is because of the brick?

Edit: I really need to learn to read :( I am not using that particular product. While I am using one of their dimpled bricks I am using the XPBRICBIO unit in my sump. I just wanted to try it out and see if the so-called surface area helped with biological life and filter. This did not cause my skimmer to over react or react at all. It is performing the same before and after. Not sure if this helped you at all since it is different.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 4, before they finally broke up and I removed them, and despite rinsing them in RODI before adding them, my skimmer also went crazy wet skimming for a few days.

I had to turn the air inlet to the skimmer to nearly closed to calm the skimmer down and then over a period of days, slowly open it back up again until it settled down.

OP
OP
Andre Arnold

Andre Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 4, before they finally broke up and I removed them, and despite rinsing them in RODI before adding them, my skimmer also went crazy wet skimming for a few days.

I had to turn the air inlet to the skimmer to nearly closed to calm the skimmer down and then over a period of days, slowly open it back up again until it settled down.
Thanks!!! I'm going to give it a try..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back