Bristle worm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved some rock to clean and found a fairly large bristle work under it. I pulled him out and he's in a bucket with water. Should I discard of him? I don't mind small bristle worms but this guys fairly large. Thanks guys.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427162580.298160.jpg
 
I have no problems with bristle worms.
 
He's probably 5 inches stretched out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427162723.817722.jpg


That's a 5 gallon bucket
 
That's a big guy! Discard if you want. I am sure there are plenty in the system.
 
What's the quickest way and most painless for him? Maybe down my garbage disposal ? I feel bad but I don't want giant bristle worms breeding and then getting stuck with bristles. I don't mind the smaller ones
 
s
lly. Pack a wallop.also have had some catch small slow fish.small worms good cleaners but
S till painful .
 
Get a 6-Line or certain dottybacks if you don't like them.....

We have this yellow and pink dottyback that hunts them like it's her job......haven't seen a brittle worm in months. I thought she was mean at first but she's settled down and doesn't bother any of the tank mates now.

mighty worm hunter...

E8E243B5-B7AB-473D-BF87-F0FBD1FEBD56_zpsabcxfp97.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new