OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never see any during the day , so when people say get a predator I dont really see that as an option at least for me . I used to have a lot in another tank and a huge melanarus wouldn't touch them . Anybody have pictures of their coris or whatever wrasse eating them
I’ve seen it once but didn’t think of capturing it. It was just spitting it out and then eating it. But other then that I don’t see it happening during the day. I do see them grazing at the rocks, I’m not sure if they seeing the worms and trying to attack it.

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever try capturing and feeding directly to wrasse during the day?? Might be a good live treat for them. ‍♂️

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea thats what I was trying to get at. They scurry back in their holes so fast that I doubt the wrasse actually get any during the day but I guess if you have an infestation it's possible. How did you get yours out ?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are always out during the day. Kinda doing whatever they want. The real pest in my tank were the hermit crabs. I took out every hermit crab. Killing too many snails.

The real question is how the heck did you catch that many!!!

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was up tonight taking out some Bristleworms. I know they are beneficial to the tank and a good clean up crew. I’ve never had an issue with them in my tank.
but at what point does it become an out of control pest?
I tend to catch them out every few months especially the large ones. As shown in the picture I took a lot out but I’m sure there are hundreds more. Just wanted to share the picture.

this post isn’t really a question, just a conversation to have and opinions to read.

66FA1678-562C-40FA-A970-B4FB0B4547B7.jpeg
Dammmm dawg. Are you breeding those or something??? Lol My gf freaks out with the 1 we have in our tank.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dammmm dawg. Are you breeding those or something??? Lol My gf freaks out with the 1 we have in our tank.
I’ll guarantee you if you’ve seen one, you have at least ten. If you have real, porous live rock, a single 2lb rock can have over 20 and you’d likely never see them.

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea thats what I was trying to get at. They scurry back in their holes so fast that I doubt the wrasse actually get any during the day but I guess if you have an infestation it's possible. How did you get yours out ?
Just a low light and tongs. They were all over the place.

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are always out during the day. Kinda doing whatever they want. The real pest in my tank were the hermit crabs. I took out every hermit crab. Killing too many snails.

The real question is how the heck did you catch that many!!!

Geez that’s a monster of a worm. No wonder why it comes out during the day. Lol. I haven’t seen one this big lol. I was up late, Just a low light and tongs. They were all over the place.

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the amount in my tank is sure look like I’m breeding these things. Haha. During the day I don’t seen not one. Lights go out they all come out. As man did you show her the picture lol she would probably make you shut down your tank haha.

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the amount in my tank is sure look like I’m breeding these things. Haha. During the day I don’t seen not one. Lights go out they all come out. As man did you show her the picture lol she would probably make you shut down your tank haha.
I showed her she freaked out

Back