OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED's look great! Amazing job and attention to detail. What's the next plan for the tank?

... to enjoy it lol.

• I want to add an Avast Swabbie kit to my skimmer.
  • Still need to add my cool white LED illumination for the control center side, for when the orange edge lit is not on... and/or for just overall illumination of that side of the cabinet. This would match the LED illumination on the sump side.
  • Purchase a few choice corals.
So not a whole lot I guess.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I literally smiled as I scrolled through all this awesomeness!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All I have to say is Amazing!

All I have to say is amazing that you're here posting that this is amazing! New tank? :)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally smiled as I scrolled through all this awesomeness!

LOL... making you smile makes me smile!:) Hopefully I'll get the cabinet LEDs mounted tonight to finish it off. Then it will be time for some big boy photos!

All I have to say is Amazing!

Thank you sir.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh i see what you are talking about

Yeah, just let me know if you have any questions. It's a very long process to do this stuff.... there's a TON of steps I left out.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, just let me know if you have any questions. It's a very long process to do this stuff.... there's a TON of steps I left out.

Definitely when i do my 120 or more build I'll incorporate a bunch of these ideas into it hopefully in the next year or so

Scarybo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. Now I know the feeling my wife has when she walks into Macy's or Bloomingdales shoe department. If only I had your skills. This is an amazing setup Broadfield!

T-Bucket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This setup is truly Legendary. I know it's made me more motivated to try and do something amazing with mine, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has caused some rethinking on my part for my build, but then I realized that I could never do this! :) This is really a whole other level above first rate.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly love seeing updates for this thread!! It's just so cleanly done and appealing and inspiring to look at!
I'm really digging the addition of the lighting around the controllers; if you don't mind me asking, white kind of lights did you use? Also, are they on for all hours of the day or only specific periods when you're most likely to be doing maintenance?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly love seeing updates for this thread!! It's just so cleanly done and appealing and inspiring to look at!
I'm really digging the addition of the lighting around the controllers; if you don't mind me asking, white kind of lights did you use? Also, are they on for all hours of the day or only specific periods when you're most likely to be doing maintenance?

I used some micro LED strip lights from Oznium. They are expensive, but I wanted it as low profile as I could get it. The white LEDs for the illumination of the sump side and the controller side are on one output of my Apex system... so I can control them as I please. Then the orange edge lit LEDs are on another output of my Apex. I usually just turn them on, with my phone, as I'm walking up to the tank:)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my cabinet illumination lighting in:

IMG_8003 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

And here's a behind the scene look at how I did the mounting boards... the lower one is hinged and will lock into place at a horizontal position for servicing of the cabling, EB8, power strip and everything else that sits behind there. You can see on the 2" risers that I flushed round magnets into place.... these securely hold the beauty panels in place.

IMG_8001 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Delder2323

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I try to find the words that would sound as impressive as the build of this tank to say, I just can't..I am speechless. So amazing and inspiring. Following along for future updates. So impressive..just wow!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I try to find the words that would sound as impressive as the build of this tank to say, I just can't..I am speechless. So amazing and inspiring. Following along for future updates. So impressive..just wow!

Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back