Broadfield's Red Sea Reefer 450 Build - OCD Inspired... Going Back To a Reef

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did elite aquatics change more for the different colors?

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you dose? Since you have the DOS reservoirs, I can only guess you'd have the APEX dosing pumps to go along with it. How do you like them? I never get tired of looking at this thread, it has given me a lot of inspiration for my future nano build:)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did elite aquatics change more for the different colors?

Yes, I think they charge around $50 - $75 extra. Tell them Broadfield with the orange one referred you!

What do you dose? Since you have the DOS reservoirs, I can only guess you'd have the APEX dosing pumps to go along with it. How do you like them? I never get tired of looking at this thread, it has given me a lot of inspiration for my future nano build:)

I use the DOS to dose BRS 2-part. I dose a couple of other items manually since they are just dosed weekly.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I'm curious how you did the texture of the black on the mdf?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tabasco122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time ive had people i follow on the internet cross over between my hobbies lol. I still have the mag issue featuring your car and camryonbronze. I followed your LS3 build for a good while as well.

Other instance was a guy i used to watch on youtube for his massive tarantula collection, he disappeared and a couple years later i found he made several DIY guides for the BMW 335i one of which I own now lol.

Anyway, tank looks amazing as usual for you. Always appreciate a build that is well documented with good photography.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your Giesman t5 fixture interface with your Apex? Or does it just do on/off to the AC outlet?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you have gotten a lot of compliments on your build. Just so it doesn't go to your head, I hate you.

Hahahaha, I appreciate you keeping me level headed.

Very nice. Does it clean up well when saltwater get on it? Like would you ever use it on the inside of a stand?

It would stand up to moisture etc... and clean up just fine. However, since it's textured, it would be a little harder to clean down in the low lying areas. But nothing a rag and water wouldn't take care of.

This is the second time ive had people i follow on the internet cross over between my hobbies lol. I still have the mag issue featuring your car and camryonbronze. I followed your LS3 build for a good while as well.

Other instance was a guy i used to watch on youtube for his massive tarantula collection, he disappeared and a couple years later i found he made several DIY guides for the BMW 335i one of which I own now lol.

Anyway, tank looks amazing as usual for you. Always appreciate a build that is well documented with good photography.

That's awesome man! I appreciate you following along.

I stayed up way too late reading this. wow I'm impressed

Sorry if you weren't very productive today lol.

Does your Giesman t5 fixture interface with your Apex? Or does it just do on/off to the AC outlet?

It does not... and I do not have it hooked to one of the Apex power outlets either. There's no reason to since it handles its own ramping light schedule, dimming, moon lights etc.

Last edited:

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so an hour later and the worst part about this thread is getting to page 27 and realizing I now have to wait for big boy pics and more updates. Come on I need like 75 more pages of eye candy. We need more pics. I don't care if they are of car trunks. Everything you seem to fabricate is top notch. Amazing job and craftsmanship my hat off to an incredible job.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so an hour later and the worst part about this thread is getting to page 27 and realizing I now have to wait for big boy pics and more updates. Come on I need like 75 more pages of eye candy. We need more pics. I don't care if they are of car trunks. Everything you seem to fabricate is top notch. Amazing job and craftsmanship my hat off to an incredible job.

LOL, thanks man! I still have some little things to do before I can take "big boy" pics... hopefully soon.

Robert @ Marine Depot just messaged me and informed me that they want to do a tank profile video of my setup. So I'll be taking a lot of photos and video for that... I'm pretty excited about it. Especially since I'm a pretty new reefer in the grand scheme of things... I'm really happy with the outcome of my tank so far.

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy lol. I would be pumped. My fish room looks like spaghetti with cables everywhere. You would probably faint. What camera you shooting with.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy lol. I would be pumped. My fish room looks like spaghetti with cables everywhere. You would probably faint. What camera you shooting with.

I use a Canon 50D and then my iPhone 7 Plus

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iPhone 7+ app called Camera+ produces editable RAW images and also takes pics in macro. It's been a game changer for me.

Sweet, I'll have to check that app out for when doing quick shots.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL, thanks man! I still have some little things to do before I can take "big boy" pics... hopefully soon.

Robert @ Marine Depot just messaged me and informed me that they want to do a tank profile video of my setup. So I'll be taking a lot of photos and video for that... I'm pretty excited about it. Especially since I'm a pretty new reefer in the grand scheme of things... I'm really happy with the outcome of my tank so far.

Congrats man!! @MarineDepot picked a good one! I hope they mention R2R too.... aheemmmmm LOL!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back