OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have mentioned it somewhere way back when in the thread and i missed it, but what may you switch from the Prime lights? Outstanding tank by the way!

The Primes had a lot of shadowing. Also, I never owned T5's before and wanted give them a try. Otherwise the Primes were pretty mean little fixtures. I actually use a Prime HD over my daughter's crested gecko vivarium.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet have it picked out for a 30 im building in the coming months just wanted to check and see if there was anything you didnt like about it

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet have it picked out for a 30 im building in the coming months just wanted to check and see if there was anything you didnt like about it

Nice, the Primes will be perfect for the Fusion 30L. You will definitely need two of them.

lviva003

Just Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield I need you help! Lol...

Basically I am trying to hard plumb the return, the drain, and emergency drain. I bought the metric male coupling 3/4 from coral vue. I called Red Sea and they are trying to sell me the barbed fitting from the return hose. Is this what you bought from them? Because I showed them the picture with the the red outline and they told me those are nuts and they do not sell them individually. They come attached to the pipes so I would need to buy three different pipes from them.... so I am really confused... any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

IMG_0881.JPG

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield I need you help! Lol...

Basically I am trying to hard plumb the return, the drain, and emergency drain. I bought the metric male coupling 3/4 from coral vue. I called Red Sea and they are trying to sell me the barbed fitting from the return hose. Is this what you bought from them? Because I showed them the picture with the the red outline and they told me those are nuts and they do not sell them individually. They come attached to the pipes so I would need to buy three different pipes from them.... so I am really confused... any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

IMG_0881.JPG

First off, the adapter from Coral Vue is not correct. Their adapter is a 3/4" MPT x metric SLIP. For the Rede Sea, you would need a metric MPT x standard SLIP. I have scoured the internet and cannot find anyone that makes the piece we need. So you just need load up the 3/4" MPT adapter with about 15 wraps of Teflon tape and call it a day!

As for the Red Sea fittings, you simply need to order 2 more of the return barb fitting assemblies from Red Sea, then remove the barbed section... they are about $23 each.

lviva003

Just Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, the adapter from Coral Vue is not correct. Their adapter is a 3/4" MPT x metric SLIP. For the Rede Sea, you would need a metric MPT x standard SLIP. I have scoured the internet and cannot find anyone that makes the piece we need. So you just need load up the 3/4" MPT adapter with about 15 wraps of Teflon tape and call it a day!

As for the Red Sea fittings, you simply need to order 2 more of the return barb fitting assemblies from Red Sea, then remove the barbed section... they are about $23 each.

Is the Red Sea fitting the return pump connector that has the barb fitting for the return hose? Sorry that I keep asking so many questions is just that the person at Red Sea had no idea what I was talking about. They told me to get back to them with more details lol [emoji23]

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Red Sea fitting the return pump connector that has the barb fitting for the return hose? Sorry that I keep asking so many questions is just that the person at Red Sea had no idea what I was talking about. They told me to get back to them with more details lol [emoji23]

Just email them this photo....

Reefer Return Fitting.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea should compensate you......lol

I know for a fact that I have helped sell Red Sea Reefer tanks and Elite Aquatic sumps lol.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll all of the fittings are sold out.... they don't know when they are getting more....

That sucks man.

NO way I broke one and need another sucks.

Which one are you needing? I have the other two that are not circled in that image above. They are brand new and I would be willing to sell.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good point I have them too totally forgot may be I can cut the middle one and get a fitting on it

You see what I did so mad at myself for not paying attention this was hand tight no tools so use cation people.

I used some epoxy and I'm going to run some inside too and put this one on the safety overflow so it gets the least usage at least I think that's what the middle pipe is as the tank is still in the box

IMG_1482962801.206066.jpg
IMG_1482962810.557953.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello sir nice tank really really nice tank. May I bother u for one of ur awesome detailed answers please?
U have the l1 at 100% u said. Now it looks like the drains are one inch pipes from the tank? So a one inch full syphon drain will be able to handle a vectra l1 at 100%? Or do u have it dialed back?
Thanks for making the last couple hours go bye while I read ur thread.
And u should def be sponsored by Red Sea. U prolly have made them so much business. Congrats on the marine Depot plug can't wait to watch it.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello sir nice tank really really nice tank. May I bother u for one of ur awesome detailed answers please?
U have the l1 at 100% u said. Now it looks like the drains are one inch pipes from the tank? So a one inch full syphon drain will be able to handle a vectra l1 at 100%? Or do u have it dialed back?
Thanks for making the last couple hours go bye while I read ur thread.
And u should def be sponsored by Red Sea. U prolly have made them so much business. Congrats on the marine Depot plug can't wait to watch it.

1" PVC can handle a max flow of 3510 gph. Since I'm running through 3 reactors, and piping with some bends in it, I'm not sure what my flow is through the system... but it's definitely lower than 3510 gph lol.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1" PVC can handle a max flow of 3510 gph. Since I'm running through 3 reactors, and piping with some bends in it, I'm not sure what my flow is through the system... but it's definitely lower than 3510 gph lol.
No I understand that I'm talking about the drain. I'm not to familiar with the Red Sea drains but I'm guessing it's a full syphon like a herbie type drain. So ur drain can handle the l1 at full power?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand that I'm talking about the drain. I'm not to familiar with the Red Sea drains but I'm guessing it's a full syphon like a herbie type drain. So ur drain can handle the l1 at full power?

Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said "flow through the system"... which would be the drain. The L1 is at full tilt, but I don't know what my flow is through the drain, since the L1 is having to push through all of the other stuff. There's too many variables, with the Red Sea return pipe necking down inside of the overflow and I'm splitting the single return down into two 1/2" LocLine nozzles. There's really no way to know without having a flow meter on the drain... which I probably will once Apex releases their flow meters.:) So yes, the 1" drain can easily handle the L1 in my particular setup... my gate valve on the drain isn't even all the way open.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 14.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back