OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father in law put one in for me. We live out in the country and travel a lot. I want to do everything I can to set it up right.
that's awesome!
we live in the county as well ( gotta love that water, TDS through the roof! 7 stages RODI) and its always worrisome leaving the tank for many days.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change of plans....tank will go there now.

Time to support that side of the room from the basement now..
D54BE59B-0842-4EC5-973B-FC5FB10F0B10.jpeg

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You definitely need a dedicated outlet. Cant say much about your reef yet so I'd say "beautiful floor"

Great start.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
You definitely need a dedicated outlet. Cant say much about your reef yet so I'd say "beautiful floor"

Great start.

Thank you!

I have to look into the outlet, never play with electricity like that. id imagine a 15amp would do the trick , but if Im doing it, may as well do 20amp.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....went to build the stand today...
very disappointed...i got a very ugly, dirty, discolored, predrilled by someone/redrilled in spots, scratched, chipped,cracked - returned by a previous customers stand.
Thankfully @Waterbox Aquariums has amazing customer service and they said they were shipping a NEW stand out to me today.

I can't wait to get this thing and get it built, this room is too empty!!

i feel like i have all my equipment ( for now) ready to go ( well when it all get delivered) .

future equipment include some reactors, carbon/gfo/algae/Calcium reactor.

edit: well "shipping out today" turned into, we don't have any in stock, black or white.
so now i wait.....very impatiently, and frustrated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....the stand came...and AGAIN it’s a used stand.
I’m 99.9% over this and sure hope Monday when they get back to me, things get made right.

On a positive note, no filter socks for this
Guy!
The dedicated plug is finished.
The hole is in the process of being patched and the water station is being moved.

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks big time. Hopefully they make it right

They sent you TWO used and returned stands????? WOW, Just WOW. I've heard of reusing things when possible but that's next level. I hope third times a charm! And they didn't ask for those stands back so they can send them out again;)

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent you TWO used and returned stands????? WOW, Just WOW. I've heard of reusing things when possible but that's next level. I hope third times a charm! And they didn't ask for those stands back so they can send them out again;)
Right!
Craziness! The first one they told me to discard.
Have not talked to me about what to do with this one yet, but hopefully they say to discard it as well.....so no one else has to go through this

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me why you decided to go without filter socks and what are the drilled cups for? I have a WB 130 and currently use the filter socks but was curious to your reasoning. Thanks

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me why you decided to go without filter socks and what are the drilled cups for? I have a WB 130 and currently use the filter socks but was curious to your reasoning. Thanks
Filter socks have always just been a pain in the butt. With these cups, you put polyfill, filter floss or your desired media or whatever you want in there. Then when the polyfill is dirty you take it out, throw it away and put new polyfill in it. Takes 10 seconds to change and no washing of those nasty socks. Polyfill is cheap for big bags of it too. It’s just personal preference.

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I agree the socks are a pain in the butt. I just ordered two cups, filter media and some Seachem Matrix. Good by filter socks! Thanks again

I have been reefing for many years but just came back after a 10 year hiatus and there is always something new to learn. :)

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I agree the socks are a pain in the ***. I just ordered two cups, filter media and some Seachem Matrix. Good by filter socks! Thanks again

I have been reefing for many years but just came back after a 10 year hiatus and there is always something new to learn. :)
I agree, you never stop learning!
I’m excited for the Trident from Apex, if they adjust the dosing based on the readings the Trident gets, it’ll be a game changer!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back