Brooklynella Fight

kenzielauren8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen fish pull through after the worst stage of brooklynella? I had a juvenile pair of clowns who showed no symptoms then day 1 after work were covered in spots (thought it was velvet). I went to bed thinking they’d be okay for me to treat the next day but woke up in the morning to all their skin falling off and open sores all over them and breathing hard at the bottom. Last ditch effort to save them I did a fresh water dip for both then QT tank with general cure since it’s all I had on hand. The male clown did not make it. But the female made it to the next day. She has no tail now and she has several open wounds on her head. Was not eating at all and was basically floating around lifeless.

Flash forward to today (48 hours later) female clown is still alive. Swimming more and actually ate. She made it long enough for me to get some reef rally and is now enjoying a bath. I am just shocked that she pulled through. Also how long do I need to let my DT sit until it’s safe again? Or can I treat with reef rally? Thanks!
BB334658-84E9-4157-9E0C-527B35994378.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if Reef Rally is safe for your main tank...I tend to think not, though.

If Brooklynella, the fallow period is 45 days.

Don't forget to follow up this Ruby Reef Rally treatment with 10-14 days treatment with Metrodonizole. The initial treatment with General Cure is probably what saved her. The Metrodonizole in that medication helps fight Brooklynella but typically can't remove it all with strong active disease.

OP
OP
kenzielauren8

kenzielauren8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if Reef Rally is safe for your main tank...I tend to think not, though.

If Brooklynella, the fallow period is 45 days.

Don't forget to follow up this Ruby Reef Rally treatment with 10-14 days treatment with Metrodonizole. The initial treatment with General Cure is probably what saved her. The Metrodonizole in that medication helps fight Brooklynella but typically can't remove it all with strong active disease.
Thank you! I definitely plan to fallow the tank. I am just so excited she pulled through.

Back