OP
OP
Henslay2

Henslay2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find any Pets drug mart in Montreal. There is an online store called Petsdrugmart.ca but you need prescriptions.

Is it a brick and mortar store ?
Check out Exotic Aquarium World in Mississauga, I just found the Ruby Rally Reef Pro

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I can’t find any Pets drug mart in Montreal. There is an online store called Petsdrugmart.ca but you need prescriptions.

Its been 3 years since I discovered them. Did they move- Not sure but the Petsdrugmart.ca you mentioned may be them

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That sucks! But how do we get prescriptions if there are no fish vets in Montreal?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks! But how do we get prescriptions if there are no fish vets in Montreal?
The only way I have found (and I really tried) is to go to Veterinary school in St-Hyacinthe but they want you to bring the fish in for examination and biopsy. I’m not doing that.

So look around; I have found meds on Amazon US, Ebay and even Walmart online. I only have a few but that can be helpful still.

But yes, it sucks.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I have found (and I really tried) is to go to Veterinary school in St-Hyacinthe but they want you to bring the fish in for examination and biopsy. I’m not doing that.

So look around; I have found meds on Amazon US, Ebay and even Walmart online. I only have a few but that can be helpful still.

But yes, it sucks.
I can’t get to st-Hyacinthe by myself as I can’t drive. I wish that there was a closer option for me.

blazin'reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get to st-Hyacinthe by myself as I can’t drive. I wish that there was a closer option for me.
amazon us is probably the best bet for meds in canada without a script, takes a week or 2 to get them. im also from canada and in the same boat but there is copper, prazi, some antibiotics like general cure or paracleanse which have metro and prazi, i think metro is a treatment for brook if im not mistaking and you can get it as fritz metro-cleanse on amazon us almost 100% i just saw it a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they have ruby rally reef though.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazon us is probably the best bet for meds in canada without a script, takes a week or 2 to get them. im also from canada and in the same boat but there is copper, prazi, some antibiotics like general cure or paracleanse which have metro and prazi, i think metro is a treatment for brook if im not mistaking and you can get it as fritz metro-cleanse on amazon us almost 100% i just saw it a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they have ruby rally reef though.
Yeah, by the time it arrives, the fish will have already died. I’d better go and put them down at the first sign of diseases than letting them suffer until they die. I have been there and hated it so much. I saw my pearl gouramis starving in front of me even if I fed them. And it was very hard to watch. My fish are healthy, but it’s just in case something like this happens. The thing with fish is that you need to treat them as soon as you know what you’re dealing with. Otherwise, the fish die.

blazin'reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, by the time it arrives, the fish will have already died. I’d better go and put them down at the first sign of diseases than letting them suffer until they die. I have been there and hated it so much. I saw my pearl gouramis starving in front of me even if I fed them. And it was very hard to watch. My fish are healthy, but it’s just in case something like this happens. The thing with fish is that you need to treat them as soon as you know what you’re dealing with. Otherwise, the fish die.
yeah i agree would probably be too late, doesnt hurt to have the stuff for the future though or know where to get it if its in the tank unless your going fallow. i have a clown goby right now that at one point i thought had brook but treated with metro and now it looks more like ich or maybe bacterial, it has had this for like almost 2 months and im still trying to save it.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i agree would probably be too late, doesnt hurt to have the stuff for the future though or know where to get it if its in the tank unless your going fallow. i have a clown goby right now that at one point i thought had brook but treated with metro and now it looks more like ich or maybe bacterial, it has had this for like almost 2 months and im still trying to save it.
I hope it recovers! I’ll just put down sick fish because med arrives too late.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an understanding Physician? Formalin is used to treat Finger Nail problems, and is available in Pharmaceutical Grades.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get seachem paraguard? It's an aldehyde mixture (with malachite green). I have had success with it and brook (at least it appeared so).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back