Brooklynella on Clowns - Move Goby to QT Too?

Fishel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns in a 20 gallon Waterbox cube look like they have Brooklynella. It’s not terrible, one is worse than the other, but both look like it’s early stages. They still eat fine but I’ve noticed they’ve both been a bit skittish the last couple weeks. I haven’t had a problem with diseases and that DT has been up about a year and a half. The only new critter I’ve added recently was a cleaner shrimp a few days ago. Shrimp wasn’t QT though. I’ve had zero luck QT’ing shrimp. They always die either during drip acclimation or within a day or two in the QT. The first cleaner shrimp lived about a year then suddenly died recently as well. Not sure what’s going on there. It stopped eating and developed dark patches on its sides. The existing pistol shrimp and Watchman Goby are fine.

I gave both Clowns a 60min 37% Formaldehyde bath tonight (Thank you Humblefish) then put them in the 10 gallon quarantine tank (copper treatment). My question is do I need to QT the Watchman Goby as well? I know the DT should be fallow for 6 weeks but I’m hesitant to move the seemingly ok Goby into QT along with the Clownfish. I only have 1 fish QT tank setup that runs all the time.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would. PS paraguard works well for brooklynella in my experience.\

I can't seem to find any definite answer for how long brook fallow periods should be. I know @Jay Hemdal recommend 45 days at 82F for marine ich and velvet, but I am not sure if he has stated that for brooklynella or not

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back