BROOKLYNELLA???

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help!!! I think my clownfish is sick, he has been like that for 7 days with "algae" on his head, I ignored it but I realized it's a real disease, how do I treat it?? I don't have a qt all I know is about formalin, can I find it anywhere?

20240220_131112.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Please help!!! I think my clownfish is sick, he has been like that for 7 days with "algae" on his head, I ignored it but I realized it's a real disease, how do I treat it?? I don't have a qt all I know is about formalin, can I find it anywhere?

20240220_131112.jpg
Pic is very fuzzy to tell. Please provide a video of fish.
is it breathing normal or heavy?
Is fish eating ?

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic is very fuzzy to tell. Please provide a video of fish.
is it breathing normal or heavy?
Is fish eating ?
So I got to the shop where I bought the clowns, they were ALL like this but... Just normally living? I asked them why does mine have that when I got him, they said it's harmless and will disappear within 2 weeks, and yeah he's eating normally, not gasping, just swimming and doing the mating things

Attachments

• 20240220_160921.mp4
    31.5 MB

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got to the shop where I bought the clowns, they were ALL like this but... Just normally living? I asked them why does mine have that when I got him, they said it's harmless and will disappear within 2 weeks, and yeah he's eating normally, not gasping, just swimming and doing the mating things
Post a YouTube video, and then paste the link here. I don't think anyone can see that video.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The fish is thin, a victim of aggression looking at tail and fins and while I dont see obvious signs of brook, I do see an ulcer and signs of poor water quality (likely from LFS) and possible bacterial. While there are treatments I can recommend, see if you can return this fish reminding them that you questioned the health of it at purchase and Find a different store to purchase from

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is thin, a victim of aggression looking at tail and fins and while I dont see obvious signs of brook, I do see an ulcer and signs of poor water quality (likely from LFS) and possible bacterial. While there are treatments I can recommend, see if you can return this fish reminding them that you questioned the health of it at purchase and Find a different store to purchase from
I don't think I can do that with fish, it's a small store but I can to a small cure, you're right about aggression, his tail piece is missing

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't think I can do that with fish, it's a small store but I can to a small cure, you're right about aggression, his tail piece is missing
Well that bites as you took their word. You can treat with ruby rally pro or better yet. . . Seachem Kanaplex and should be done in a separate quarantine tank as the aggression will continue and is likely another clown in the tank. You will need to decide what to do with aggressor moving forward. I would place it in sump after this clown returns or an acclimation box for at least 2 weeks

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that bites as you took their word. You can treat with ruby rally pro or better yet. . . Seachem Kanaplex and should be done in a separate quarantine tank as the aggression will continue and is likely another clown in the tank. You will need to decide what to do with aggressor moving forward. I would place it in sump after this clown returns or an acclimation box for at least 2 weeks
QT you said? Yeah I can't do that, and I don't use sumps yet, the aggression isn't with the other clown, it was in the LFS I remember that, he was already like this

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back