Brooklynella

AlohaJacklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if this might be brook? Right above his fin. Im wondering if its just an injury. I introduced him into a new tank and he got beat up a little bit by the female before pairing. They are preparing for egg laying soon so i was looking at them closely and noticed it on him. The female appears fine. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• YouCut_20240309_004836944.mp4
    27.1 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if this might be brook? Right above his fin. Im wondering if its just an injury. I introduced him into a new tank and he got beat up a little bit by the female before pairing. They are preparing for egg laying soon so i was looking at them closely and noticed it on him. The female appears fine. Any help is appreciated.

That's not Brooklynella. It is kind of an odd place for an injury. When clowns fight, the injuries are more often on the fins and mouth, or the fish's flank.

Are there any other symptoms, any changes in feeding behavior?

Jay

AlohaJacklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, nothing. They are both very active, seem super healthy and eat well. They are super in love, for the most part. Easily my sweetest pair. They have been confirmed paired for at least 4 months. They are both imitating/practicing egg laying (biting the pot, scooting circles around the pot etc). I was wondering if it may have been an old injury that i just noticed but after i posted this, i went back to look at old videos to see if it was there and apparently its always been there... and on both sides (exact same spot). Is it possible its just a characteristic and not an actual injury? It doesnt really look like a 'built-in' spot but im out of guesses at this point.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back