Brown Stuff in Redsea AB+

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a bottle of Redsea AB+ and when I went to dose I noticed some brown stuff in it. Is this normal?

F2558B62-05F7-4D3A-AFC6-2471DC201E8E.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. I would ask red sea but I think it is something in the carbs and fatty acids mix (part A).

Last edited:

Glauber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not experienced that b4 but in my opnion discard and buy new one just in case.

BlueZreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first bottle I didn’t notice any but my current bottle has some when I shake the bottle up. I’ve been dozing the current bottle for 3 weeks, no issues to report. I wouldn’t worry about it.

OP
OP
T

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I ended up returning the bottle then finally heard back from Redsea today that it’s normal. Although the seal on my bottle was not broken, there was a bit of leakage and when we looked at the rest of the bottles at the LFS, they all had signs of leakage as well. In the end I’m sure it’s fine but a little concerning that the product needs to be refrigerated but the packaging contains enough exposure to the air that a small amount of liquid can leak out. The LFS told me that their last shipment was even worse in that all the bottles has significant leaking.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back