Brown stuff on Euphyllia??? ID please

fishnchip

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
792
Reaction score
546
Location
FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey #reefsquad,

I noticed my grape coral frag had some of this brown algae stuff growing on it. It doesn't seem to be getting any better so I was wondering what I should do??? Nervous that it will spread to neighboring torch corals so please help!!

Thanks so much!!
 
Hey #reefsquad,

I noticed my grape coral frag had some of this brown algae stuff growing on it. It doesn't seem to be getting any better so I was wondering what I should do??? Nervous that it will spread to neighboring torch corals so please help!!

Thanks so much!!
Can you upload some pictures?

It will help others out.
 
IMG_8616.JPG
 
Could be the start of brown jelly disease ,but hard too tell from the photo .. is the algea on any other corals Your in Your tank ..
 
Here are some others. It’s in a weird spot so it’s hard to get decent pics
 
Could be the start of brown jelly disease ,but hard too tell from the photo .. is the algea on any other corals Your in Your tank ..
Nope only this one! I’ve had this frag for about 5 months and this is the first I’ve seen of this
 
Brown jelly moves very quickly. I think the coral just isn't doing very well and algae will grow on the tissue less skeleton. I've dealt with both before, brown jelly is no joke.
 
Could be the start of brown jelly disease ,but hard too tell from the photo .. is the algea on any other corals Your in Your tank ..
Nope only this one! I’ve had this frag for about 5 months and this is the first I’ve seen of this
Brown jelly moves very quickly. I think the coral just isn't doing very well and algae will grow on the tissue less skeleton. I've dealt with both before, brown jelly is no joke.
yeah I’m nervous it is brown jelly. It looks more like algae but I’m nervous it’ll spread to the others. Anything I should do??
 
From my experience they do not, just keep a close eye on the health of the other euphyllia. Google images of brown jelly to see what it looks like so you know what to look for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new