BRS 4 stage issue

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my BRS RODI system wasn't producing any water. Thought it was the filters that needed to be changed. Well I got to changing them today and still no luck. First compartment is full. Second is almost full but the top has some air. The last one, it got some water through the resin and then completely stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my BRS RODI system wasn't producing any water. Thought it was the filters that needed to be changed. Well I got to changing them today and still no luck. First compartment is full. Second is almost full but the top has some air. The last one, it got some water through the resin and then completely stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hmm that is strange. Have you tried contacting BRS? They're super responsive and helpful I find, especially with product issues!

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the air is not exiting the unit through the waste water and RO water line. Is there a flow restrictor or valve or something on the two lines coming out the RO canister that might be closed?

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the air is not exiting the unit through the waste water and RO water line. Is there a flow restrictor or valve or something on the two lines coming out the RO canister that might be closed?
I've double and tripled checked the valves, even let it run for 2 hours and nothing.

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've double and tripled checked the valves, even let it run for
Hmm that is strange. Have you tried contacting BRS? They're super responsive and helpful I find, especially with product issues!
I'm going to today.

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have one of those auto shutoff valves that could be malfunctioning? Was it working previously or is this a new unit that is malfunctioning?
Yes, I do. I never thought it could be that.
I bought the unit used and had it for about 1 year now.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm well you could try disconnecting that and just run the output from the DI to a bucket and the waste line down a drain or another bucket to at least test the RODI unit. Usually if it's a filter problem it shows as decreasing output as they get clogged. Some photos might help too. Were you able to get any help from BRS?

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm well you could try disconnecting that and just run the output from the DI to a bucket and the waste line down a drain or another bucket to at least test the RODI unit. Usually if it's a filter problem it shows as decreasing output as they get clogged. Some photos might help too. Were you able to get any help from BRS?
So I'm getting waste water now and product water but the last chamber won't fill up. Can I use it like this?
20210121_192523.jpg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DI housing with the air is fine as long as the water is going in on the outside and then up through the resin, which appears to be the case based on the exhausted yellow resin at the bottom. You could try tapping it while it's running and it might drive some of the air out bubbles out of the resin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back