BRS 75gpd with super saver upgrade barely drips....

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No your waste water line. How's the flow coming out of the system. 80 is on the high end. Is that before or after the membrane

80 is what my pressure gauge reads. I think it’s before the membrane if I’m correct.

Waste line is perfectly fine. A good strong stream

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could your auto shutoff be malfunctioning?
I don't use one so I'm not sure if that's actually a thing, but yours is rusty so maybe there's some obstruction to flow?
Maybe take it out and see how the system works without it.

Conversely, if you're getting a solid stream of air bubbles in your product water line, there may be an air leak somewhere in the low pressure part of the system, after the membrane.
Perhaps the DI cannister isn't on tight enough. Or it's one of the fittings. Or the auto shutoff again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could your auto shutoff be malfunctioning?
I don't use one so I'm not sure if that's actually a thing, but yours is rusty so maybe there's some obstruction to flow?
Maybe take it out and see how the system works without it.

Conversely, if you're getting a solid stream of air bubbles in your product water line, there may be an air leak somewhere in the low pressure part of the system, after the membrane.
Perhaps the DI cannister isn't on tight enough. Or it's one of the fittings. Or the auto shutoff again.

I don’t need the auto shut off valve. Can I straight up just get rid of it? I’m going to try all suggestions tonight

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t need the auto shut off valve. Can I straight up just get rid of it? I’m going to try all suggestions tonight

You could remove the auto shut off valve if you're not using a float valve. Can't hurt to try removing it however, just make sure you take pictures of how it was installed so that you can install again if need be. It's not your pressure so don't add a pump as that will just make issues worse. Did you install the membrane yourself or did it come pre-installed? If you installed it maybe you didn't seat it correctly. Try removing it and reinstalling it making sure to push it in all the way.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could remove the auto shut off valve if you're not using a float valve. Can't hurt to try removing it however, just make sure you take pictures of how it was installed so that you can install again if need be. It's not your pressure so don't add a pump as that will just make issues worse. Did you install the membrane yourself or did it come pre-installed? If you installed it maybe you didn't seat it correctly. Try removing it and reinstalling it making sure to push it in all the way.

Good luck.

Original membrane was pre installed. I installed the second myself. I could try to re seat it as well. I have some good ideas from y’all.

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used to work with install and service of RO units for a water company and the most common thing people do is install a new carbon block and the don't rinse it before running it into the RO membrane. It will either clog or create channels in it having adverse effects. I would guess that is your problem .

Cresta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have your old TFT membrane still, you can install it back in, to check. If the old membrane was working, re-installing it should confirm whether the problem is at the membrane at least.

I have replaced all filters in 3 of my RO systems through the last 15 years and I have never had one system clog due to not rinsing the carbon filter before installing. It is definitely a good idea to rinse as I see one out of four carbon filters have noticeable dust when I first turn on water after filter replacement.

I think your problem lies on the ASOV valve. I always keep one or two extra as backups since they are only about $8 each. If you move tubes around when you upgraded, please check the connection again, high/low pressure ; input/ output. If you didn’t change the valve when you upgraded, it’s still worth a try to install a new one. It takes very little for the thin plastic diaphragm inside to make the unit fail.

Cresta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have your old TFT membrane still, you can install it back in, to check. If the old membrane was working, re-installing it should confirm whether the problem is at the membrane at least.

I have replaced all filters in 3 of my RO systems through the last 15 years and I have never had one system clog due to not rinsing the carbon filter before installing. It is definitely a good idea to rinse as I see one out of four carbon filters have noticeable dust when I first turn on water after filter replacement.

I think your problem lies on the ASOV valve. I always keep one or two extra as backups since they are only about $8 each. If you move tubes around when you upgraded, please check the connection again, high/low pressure ; input/ output. If you didn’t change the valve when you upgraded, it’s still worth a try to install a new one. It takes very little for the thin plastic diaphragm inside to make the unit fail.

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took shut off valve off and there’s a definite improvement but no where near where it should be. I get a small stream at least instead of just drips. But like a pencil thin strip.

When I re plumbed it all I did notice some “squeaking” from the membrane inputs/outputs as if air was escaping.

I feel so dumb. I should have just stayed with 75gpd Hahah

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And were back to dripping. ***

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took shut off valve off and there’s a definite improvement but no where near where it should be. I get a small stream at least instead of just drips. But like a pencil thin strip.
So the pencil stream is how thick? " . " or " * " or " 0 " or " O "
Have you measured the output? 1 qt in x amount of time?

OP
OP
Eder

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pencil stream is how thick? " . " or " * " or " 0 " or " O "
Have you measured the output? 1 qt in x amount of time?

At this point it doesn’t matter. Took almost two hours to fill a 5 gallon jug. Look like I’ll be taking it all apart once again and looking through things. Carefully again. Ugh

Back