BRS and Neptune Merger

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all 3. All I hope is this fast acquisition growth doesn't end up with BRS, MD and Neptune now all BK. :eek:

Last edited:

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Bertram capital makes an investment in BRS in February. Then with this new investment BRS / Bertram acquire Marine Depot in June. Now they take over Neptune about a month later. That’s a lot to acquire and integrate. I hope it goes well for everyone involved — especially the Bertram investors.
I’m hoping it goes well for the consumer lol

OP
OP
Philly Reefer

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My money is on them buying tropic marin next. I really liked marine depot over Brs but it's hard to be mad at someone creating a successful business and trying to grow it as big as they can.
Tropic marin is a German company. Gonna be hard to buy a company abroad

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said this back when they had the apex brs edition. Then all of a sudden none of the little guys had Neptune products in stock for a long time while brs was always stocked. It seemed like Neptune was favoring brs and then here we are.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my business experience which involved a lot of buyout/ mergers I have found that:
1. These don't happen because they fell in love with each other. Either Neptune ownership wanted a cash out or (more likely) they were in trouble financially so were an attractive merger target.
2. They often do not work out for everyone in that there was a reason Neptune wanted (needed) to do this and larger often comes with an attitude.
3. Companies like Bertram are not patient in wanting an ROI.
4. With MAP pricing so prevalent with most major brands, will BRS keep it for Neptune products and does it make sense to acquire them unless they don't?
5. Often customers will shift business to vendors like SW.com or Premium.
6. As others have mentioned, one of BRS's unquantifiable assets was it's supposed unbiased product videos. Obviously any opinions expressed involving Neptune products or those that compete with them will be suspect.
7. Whatever they tell you the customer centric reasons are for this are just not true. There is only one reason.......more profit and ROI for Bertram. It's just like when a company comes out with a new employee benefits plan. They tell you that it is better for the employees when in actuality it is always about cutting expenses and moving more money to the bottom line.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is likely moving into serious acquisition talks with YouTube.

Jack Black Yes GIF

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back