BRS and Neptune Merger

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neptune metal halide. Apex can control the growth rate by slapping a probe on your homewrecker acropora. Apex will spray reef roods on your coral when they feel hungry
Why would Ryan do this? There products are not good and there customer service is even worse. I will never buy another Neptune product as long as live.
Maybe brs can help with that, brs customer service is some of the best with any company period

scottbapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... You clearly haven't watch BRS youtube lately... Or watched the announcement.
Ryan loves his Apex
I loved mine for the first year, And then EVERYTHING started failing. I paid $1200.00 for the full system with the wav pumps. They were the first to go. And if you want to send them to Apex to have them fixed its almost as much as buying new ones.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just announced!!!
Terence and Ryan said it's a merger.

Congrats team brs and Neptune. Two great brands , means more awesome for the reefers. Wish you all the very best

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having watched a fair few BRS on bored Thursday afternoon I'm not entirely shocked by this. Many times I have heard Ryan mention creating a formula for a type of tank. With their well known how-to videos, plus having the market leader of controllers really will put them in a sweet spot for selling the "Formula" to a successful tank. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought a tank manufacturer next.

My hope is that this move will make reefing more accessible to more people which in turn could increase the amount of people in the hobby.

My fears are: By owning this company business decisions will change from highlighting the best from all manufactures to focusing on what is offered by just apex.
If BRS becomes too large this will stifle innovation from other companies because it will become too expensive for a new company to get into the market.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an alternative controller that has the same functionality? ( I ask because I may be in the market one day soon)
IMO good, bad or otherwise there isn't another domestically produced aquarium controller on the market currently that is a direct competitor to the Apex. The hydros may get there one day, but it's not currently. After that there's nothing... GHL is overseas and is directly comparable but it's overseas and you'll never get the distribution and domestic support you will with domestically produced items like that. As far as their merger goes I'm pretty much indifferent.

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations BRS! I may be a bit behind here…but I was so happy to just learn right now that Ryan Batcheller owns BRS. The guy is honest, loves reefing, and is highly intelligent at all things reef. He seems to be a amazing business man too. Awesome, very happy! Ryan is quite the Baller! I vote Liveaquaria to be next. Whoever owns it rips people off so Ryan needs to take it over for all those poor people forced to order from LA that do not have a good marine LFS near them all around the country!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations BRS! I may be a bit behind here…but I was so happy to just learn right now that Ryan Batchellet owns BRS. The guy is honest, loves reefing, and is highly intelligent at all things reef. He seems to be a amazing business man too. Awesome, very happy! Ryan is quite the Baller! I vote Liveaquaria to be next. Whoever owns it rips people off so Ryan needs to take it over for all those poor people forced to order from LA that do not have a good marine LFS near them all around the country!
This is Ryan's mother isn't it?

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bulkreefsupply.com already does not have a large selection of products I use. And now they will push more limited supply. I use Acucave.com no tax on any product and for small orders I use saltwateraquarium.com free shipping on anything. I personally think they cary a better selection of stuff. BRS carries very little Brightwell products.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back