BRS doser issue

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I installed a BRS 1.1 ML doser on my tank about 2 months ago. It was working great until is lost it's prime. No I cannot get liquid to pull up through the dosing tubes. I've gone back to manually dosing until I get this problem fixed. The rigid tube is installed from the dosing container to the pump and the softer tube goes from the doser to the tank. The head height from all container to tank is about 3 feet . Not sure what I should do to fix this .

20190322_144817.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a vent of some sort in the dosing container? The BRS dosing pumps use peristaltic action so unless a vacuum is forming in the container it should be able to pull liquid up from it without issue. A small vent hole will take care of that for you if that's what it is.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a vent of some sort in the dosing container? The BRS dosing pumps use peristaltic action so unless a vacuum is forming in the container it should be able to pull liquid up from it without issue. A small vent hole will take care of that for you if that's what it is.
Yes there is a small vent hole on the bottle of the dosing liquid

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disconnect the tube going into the chemical container. Put the end in a cup of water; activate the pump. If it pulls liquid from the cup, you've got an unseen blockage in the fitting at the top of the bottle or an air leak. If the pump will not pull water from the cup, the peristaltic tubing in the pump head may need to be replaced.

Booger McMoron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mine, it was a small air leak between the acrylic tube and the John guest fitting. Don’t know why it just sprung up, but it did.

Booger McMoron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I verified this by submerging the entire assembly (fitting and tube) and then priming the pump. As soon as the fitting was pulled out, it would lose vacuum.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back