BRS RODI Filters to Replace Spectrapure?

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,
I have a MaxCap180 gallon per day RODI system. I would like to start using the filters from BRS for my unit. And wanted to hear if there was anyone else that made the switch from Spectre pure to BRS filters with their Max Cap system.
Are the sediment, and carbon blocks as good? Also what DI resins are you using in position three and four? Thanks

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have a MaxCap180 gallon per day RODI system. I would like to start using the filters from BRS for my unit. And wanted to hear if there was anyone else that made the switch from Spectre pure to BRS filters with their Max Cap system.
Are the sediment, and carbon blocks as good? Also what DI resins are you using in position three and four? Thanks
I’ve done it and went back to Spectrapure. My experience is that my overall cost is lower when I use Spectrapure membranes and filters. I most often get them at marine depot (though not any more) or premium aquatics.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not yet...I've been using SpectraPure units and filters since the mid-90's. If it is not broke.... I do source my SpectraPure purchases other than the mfr as their prices and shipping are higher than alternatives.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back