BRS triple DI saver not working suddenly

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on well water so i degas my RO water for a day or 2 and then pump the RO water through the BRS triple DI saver with a utility pump. This has worked for me for MONTHS. now all of a sudden the water isn't pumping through. Its not the pump because the pump is blasting water and ive tried multiple different utility pumps. i have detached and re attached all ro line connections on the DI unit and everything seems fine. Water is blasting at the input line and then on the output line its barley dripping if anything at all. What should i do/check? not sure why it would suddenly stop working, especially if water is getting blasted in there...... where is the water even going? backwards??

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something plugged somewhere. Crack the housings a little bit to see if yoiu can narrow it down to where.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something plugged somewhere. Crack the housings a little bit to see if yoiu can narrow it down to where.
Yea good call. I just done taking each canister out and it was plugged somewhere in there. I couldn’t figure out where but I ended up putting the canisters in one at a time and then sucking water through the ro line that came after the canister by mouth. It is working now.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well actually I continued having issues all day. I ended up removing the booster pump from the RO section and putting it in my DI set up. Now waters pumping through the Di like crazy. Still makes no sense to me why it all of a sudden doesn’t work without the booster pump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back