BRS/Tropic Marin Hybrid Balling Method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can answer all your questions with a very simple solution. Just dose all for reef powder. No raise in salinity, no weekly part c, no dosing magnesium separately, No doing math. 1 dosing pump and walk away.

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can answer all your questions with a very simple solution. Just dose all for reef powder. No raise in salinity, no weekly part c, no dosing magnesium separately, No doing math. 1 dosing pump and walk away.
i dont want to use all for reef. i would like to work out how much water to remove from my 450l when i dose 215ml kh, 215ml ca and 430 ml of part c each day.
thanks

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I know this is old, But I am thinking about trying it, and I noticed that it says to start with zero with a new tank, and then increase as it grows out more. However that is based on regular water changes, and a new tank. What if it is an old tank (4 years old), but you just started with corals, so they are still small. And Also what if you don't do any water changes?

My guess is that you would start out lower than the low demand(40ml)? Any thoughts?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I know this is old, But I am thinking about trying it, and I noticed that it says to start with zero with a new tank, and then increase as it grows out more. However that is based on regular water changes, and a new tank. What if it is an old tank (4 years old), but you just started with corals, so they are still small. And Also what if you don't do any water changes?

My guess is that you would start out lower than the low demand(40ml)? Any thoughts?

Given the tank is still new as far as corals go, we'd recommend starting on the low end of dosing despite the system being more mature. If you have tons of coralline algae growth, then starting at the low end would be suitable. Essentially, you're starting off close to a new tank if you are just getting started with corals now after time with a fish only set up.

As the corals grow, you can then start bumping up the amount of trace elements dosed.

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Here is a video of the tank. I would say it is on the low side for corals. I will go a few months, and do an ICP to see how a low dose is doing.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.MOV
    57.5 MB

davidwillis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few more questions. Does it matter when part C is dosed? I know you don't dose Calcium and alk at the same time, but does it matter with part C?

Also is there a way to program my apex to dose the different ratios at different times? I have a Trident with two Dos modules. I have the alk and ca programed to dose at different times based on the alk and calk levels from the trident, but I think it would be better to base just the alk of the trident, and then dose the calcium and part c at the correct ratio? But I don't know how to do that, unless they are at the same time.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont want to use all for reef. i would like to work out how much water to remove from my 450l when i dose 215ml kh, 215ml ca and 430 ml of part c each day.
thanks
You don’t need to remove water, the whole point of part c is to keep the salinity correct.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back