BRS, we love you.

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by OneFish, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Grigs

Grigs Active Member Partner Member 2019

BRS and this forum have completely changed my reefing experience. I love their videos, the solid pricing, and reviews. It's generally a one stop shop. I do believe that good intentions and marketing can co-exist. Call me a fanboy if you like. I love that website and couldn't appreciate more the time and energy they invest in educating me and others. Thanks, BRS!

2. Tim Olson

Tim Olson Love to Learn! R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019

I truly appreciate the education videos and customer service. I've used them to make many positive changes in my reef system. Although, I also do significant research outside of BRS to confirm or deny their suggestions before I make a change.
    I also believe that much of what they do is being emulated by other companies in our hobby, which improves the industry for everyone.
    BRS is not perfect, but like any good company they learn from their mistakes.

3. Pete1968

Pete1968 Active Member

Brs, is a great company who cares about there customers

Ryanbrs, MnFish1 and MombasaLionfish like this.
  4. Rich Klein

Rich Klein Active Member R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award

+1 - I buy everything from BRS, and have always received top-notch customer service. They have a customer in me for life.

5. mspad

mspad Member

BRS is the best!!!

Pete1968 and jrill like this.
  6. Ryanbrs

Ryanbrs Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words. This made my day :)

Pete1968, OneFish, ScottR and 2 others like this.
  7. Ryanbrs

Ryanbrs Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

I don’t think I’ll ever have to stop apologizing for that black box video :) In hindsight my personal opinion or bias came though stronger than it should have. In the end the safety discussion is just a “hot topic.” It’s also been 2 years since that video was done and I have learned a lot since then. Based on feedback like yours I would approach the black box video differently now.

That said, once we get past the safety misstep, the rest of the video is just data and the light is reviewed the same way as all the others were. Most of my hardest critics that have gone back and reviewed it with a open mind have agreed that the actual data was accurate and helpful to know.

As to the videos being marketing. It’s 100% true. It is my strong belief that hobby isn’t lacking a faster cheaper shipper. It lacks easy, organized access to information that makes reefing easier and in turn more fun. Awesome tanks and a fun hobby is the best path to success for everyone involved.

I thank you for the healthy criticism . It serves to make us try harder and often the most helpful thing to hear in the day!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    clm65, FO_Reef, Entz and 9 others like this.
  8. ScottR

ScottR Valuable Member

The only thing I hate about BRS is they don’t ship to where I live!!! Cmon BRS, just throw it in a DHL box. I’ll pay for the shipping.

But the BRS YouTube vids have been extremely informative and helpful. My 6 year old watches with me! The only thing that both of us enjoy watching together.

9. ScottR

ScottR Valuable Member

And to add to this, I have a large group of reefing friends and we are going to place a big order, have it shipped to my uncles home in Illinois and then he will ship to me. I want Reef Chili so bad!!!

MnFish1, Ryanbrs and siggy like this.
  10. homer1475

homer1475 Well-Known Member

While I love, and do 99% of my reefing shopping on BRS, my only complaint would be how painfully slow their servers are. I often skip shopping for small items just because of how painful it is to get their site up. I'll wait and put in a big order at one time once a month, instead of several small orders throughout the month.

I don't know if it's the amount of traffic lately, but it seems to be getting worse.

11. jrill

jrill Active Member R2R Supporter

I've never experienced there site to be slow. Maybe your issue is in house.

12. homer1475

homer1475 Well-Known Member

100mbit line and BRS is the only website I have issues with. Well not the only one, but......

I wouldn't necessarily say their servers are slow, I can see the page loading(firefox says it's loaded), but it takes an additional 3 to 4 seconds for the page to actually show up on my screen after I see it fully loaded. If that makes sense? Like the page fully loads in the background, but does not show up on my screen right away.

And it only started doing this after they upgraded their servers a few months back.

DSC reef likes this.
  13. puffy127

puffy127 Well-Known Member

Wow, the level of honesty and humility from Ryan earns my respect.

OneFish, MnFish1, FO_Reef and 2 others like this.
  14. ScottR

ScottR Valuable Member

They don’t seemingly have big heads like others would have in their position. Being humble gets more respect than anything. The fact that he personally handles petty matters here speaks volumes.

OneFish, MnFish1 and Rufus’ goofs like this.
  15. Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply Valuable Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

Hi @homer1475 I want our tech team to look into this, but I'll need some more info. PM incoming.

16. Stang67

Stang67 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I ️ Brs
    The combination of a great website, great customer service, the videos and overall longevity of the company. I have only been in the hobby a short time but they have already gained a loyal customer for life.

ScottR likes this.
  17. FO_Reef

FO_Reef Member

Wow, thank you for the honest and humble response. I don’t think you owe anyone an apology for that video, I mostly just expect a certain level of healthy skepticism from my fellow reefers. I have learned a lot from BRS videos (although I hope you will forgive me for seeking out corroborating evidence from other sources, it’s just my style) and I thank you for that as well.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Demonic, OneFish and MnFish1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted