Brute Trash Can Cord Seal

My statement was regarding someone else and their AWC, not related to me. My AWC system is 500g container and takes 2 months before I make more. It only gets circulation, as a very large amount of water.It is also for a different tank.

I just did a 30g WC last night with water that has been sitting for over a month with no circulation until about 30 minutes before the water change. No issues what so ever and water tested as it should (I test sg, alk, and CA before doing a WC in tank and brute). During the time it was sitting, I had no cords in the brute either. Notch still there for when I cut it out previously.

With that said, I see no issue in storing water for a month or 2 in a brute once it is mixed up, then just mix and heat again when ready for it. I say mix on the second go, but it is more like circulate to allow it to heat up. Not really mixing as nothing separates in that time. At least for me.

So, there is not really a need for cords for some people. This is what everyone is trying to imply here.
Interesting. I've always kept it mixed. Can take a month or a bit more depending on tank needs. I never heat it just the WaveMakers to keep it circulated.
 
Interesting. I've always kept it mixed. Can take a month or a bit more depending on tank needs. I never heat it just the WaveMakers to keep it circulated.
Wife keeps the downstairs (where smaller mixing station is) very cold. Need to heat it up or it would be 30 gallons going into the sump at about 66 degrees lol. Only time that station gets used is for when I clean my sump, skimmer and scrubber. Big container sits in temp controlled garage and is always 74-75 with circulation pump (hammerhead) running.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new