Brypropis and GHA Treatment

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't legally get reef flux. I was thinking of dosing vibrant
Can’t get a prescription for fluconazole and just crush it yourself? Thought everything was free in the Canadian health care system ;)

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Trying to deal with this

Attachments

• 16437691666774191815152251000560.jpg
    16437691666774191815152251000560.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 44

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

The Wyld Zone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@The Wyld Zone setup a website to buy the bryopsis eating slug. give it a try along with a pair of pitho crabs from reefcleaners.org.
Oh my god I LOOOOOVE their Pitho crabs. They're just the cutest little crabs in the world. Seeing them pop out of the sand and waive their tiny little arms like maniacs is beyond adorable.
Totally recommend Pithos for any tank. And the folks at RC are great.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh my god I LOOOOOVE their Pitho crabs. They're just the cutest little crabs in the world. Seeing them pop out of the sand and waive their tiny little arms like maniacs is beyond adorable.
Totally recommend Pithos for any tank. And the folks at RC are great.
my 2nd time ordering from them. great folk indeed!

to add to my experience with the pitho crabs, @GHOSTLY, they went straight to town on my algae in the DT(i have 2 pitho crabs in my DT, and 2 female emerald crabs). unfortunately, if there is any on your glass, pumps, or return lines, they can't get to these spots, but anything on your sand or rockwork will get cleared. today, i received my 2nd order from reefcleaners that contained a pitho crab. dropped it in my sump and it, alongside my emerald crab(have a 3rd that is in my sump) are going to work on the rest of the bryopsis(GHA, and chaeto) in my sump. all you need is time, and some patience!

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good results using hydrogen peroxide. Squirt little each day on the algae and it’ll die off. If the tank is empty since you’re cycling it’s easier to take the rock out and clean it with a toothbrush and peroxide/saltwater mixture.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2nd time ordering from them. great folk indeed!

to add to my experience with the pitho crabs, @GHOSTLY, they went straight to town on my algae in the DT(i have 2 pitho crabs in my DT, and 2 female emerald crabs). unfortunately, if there is any on your glass, pumps, or return lines, they can't get to these spots, but anything on your sand or rockwork will get cleared. today, i received my 2nd order from reefcleaners that contained a pitho crab. dropped it in my sump and it, alongside my emerald crab(have a 3rd that is in my sump) are going to work on the rest of the bryopsis(GHA, and chaeto) in my sump. all you need is time, and some patience!
I can't since the tanks cycling

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good results using hydrogen peroxide. Squirt little each day on the algae and it’ll die off. If the tank is empty since you’re cycling it’s easier to take the rock out and clean it with a toothbrush and peroxide/saltwater mixture.
What parts do you use

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any more methods of getting rid of it? Any medication thats not reef flux
So there are American companies that will ship reef flux to Canada, there’s a risk it could be confiscated at customs, but I hear that’s pretty uncommon. So something to consider. The best option would be if you could find a veterinarian to prescribe it.

ReefHD Reef Flux Reef HD 100 gal

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on water volume. personally unsure myself. there are many threads on this and what it does if you search
Carbon dosing won’t kill bryprosis, it will eventually help with gha, but will take a coup months

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the lights off. Get some good bacteria dosing started to promote your biodiversity and let it run its course through this ugly stage. I recommend PNS probio which I have been dosing twice a week now for the past month. It has cleaned up my sand and rocks nicely. All natural bacteria. If you start dropping chemicals like vibrant or chemiclean in there you risk the chances of opening the door for multiple other problems on a new tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back