BTA acting strange

Accidentalreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just curious my anemone seems to be acting strange this is my 1st anemone I added him to the tank around 4 months ago found his spot and has been hanging out there ever since and had been very opened up only closes up a bit at night. A couple days ago I noticed hes been closed up alot more during the day he moved up the rock work abit and now looks like the picture below, I did add some sps coral recently to the tank not sure if maybe some chemical warfare is going on? Our parameters have checked out good I've been checking them every other day, also our clown fish ripped a quarter of the block of frozen food out of my tongs and tossed it into the anemone not sure if he maybe is over fed? Let me know what you reefers think!

20200228_180915.jpg

SmallLebowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just curious my anemone seems to be acting strange this is my 1st anemone I added him to the tank around 4 months ago found his spot and has been hanging out there ever since and had been very opened up only closes up a bit at night. A couple days ago I noticed hes been closed up alot more during the day he moved up the rock work abit and now looks like the picture below, I did add some sps coral recently to the tank not sure if maybe some chemical warfare is going on? Our parameters have checked out good I've been checking them every other day, also our clown fish ripped a quarter of the block of frozen food out of my tongs and tossed it into the anemone not sure if he maybe is over fed? Let me know what you reefers think!

20200228_180915.jpg
The frozen food could have bothered it. It’s very harmful to the anemone to come into contact with frozen food. Try making sure your food is thawed before feeding time.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back