BTA ballooned ip

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 weeks ago my bta got caught in the powerhead and got injured. I placed him in a basket with high flow and it seemed to be recovering nicely.

then I leave for a week.

I returned to see the bta ballooned up with hardly any tentacles. I took it out of the basket and back into the tank yesterday thinking it wasunhappy in the basket.

Edit to add- my other bta looks beautiful and my water testings are all good

this is it now- see photos. Help? What to do?

A2A75FEF-92E4-4AC6-86CA-EC2EAF0A9599.jpeg 80417E1C-816A-4DD5-B330-D18C366D5C3D.jpeg
 
Low light, low flow and time. I wouldn't put a beat up stressed nem in high flow.
 
thanks, it attached itself firmly and seemed to have deflated slightly so I think it's happier out of the basket. I lowered the light a bit too

Guess I just basically need to leave it alone?
 
it seems like your BTA needs some time alone. just keep you eyes on him and let him recover.
flow.. light... touching... can stress out the nem
minimize your w/c unless necessary..
he might deflate more but give him some time.
under good water condition, nems are stronger than it is thought to be
so.. good luck! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new