BTA caught in my pump

Padawan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just general question, I hope I posted it in the right section. I had a bubble tip and two corals, euphyllia anchor and euphyllia glabrescens in a small 10 gallon quarantine tank. I took them out of my main tank because they weren't looking so well. I thought it would be easier to control my water parameters as my main tank had a nitrite/phosphate problem. Anyways, both my bubble tip and corals looked to be doing fine until my BTA got caught a in the pump. I did a complete water change the instant realised the water was cloudy but i'm concerned that what ever was in the bubble tip i.e nematocysts might have the potential to kill off my corals. I'm sure i caught it in time but I've read a lot about BTA's completely nuking a tanks in similar situations. Are my corals going to be okay?? I took a photo of them afterwards.

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_20201209_180532.jpg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this happen once before I would suggest on running some carbon for some time until everything clears up and continue to do water changes. Would just keep monitoring everything and should be okay!!

OP
OP
Padawan

Padawan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi WIReefer, Good idea. Luckily I have some carbon on hand. Glad to know it won't be the end of my new corals :) Thank you!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back