BTA caught in my pump

Padawan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
8
Location
Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just general question, I hope I posted it in the right section. I had a bubble tip and two corals, euphyllia anchor and euphyllia glabrescens in a small 10 gallon quarantine tank. I took them out of my main tank because they weren't looking so well. I thought it would be easier to control my water parameters as my main tank had a nitrite/phosphate problem. Anyways, both my bubble tip and corals looked to be doing fine until my BTA got caught a in the pump. I did a complete water change the instant realised the water was cloudy but i'm concerned that what ever was in the bubble tip i.e nematocysts might have the potential to kill off my corals. I'm sure i caught it in time but I've read a lot about BTA's completely nuking a tanks in similar situations. Are my corals going to be okay?? I took a photo of them afterwards.

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_20201209_180532.jpg
 
Had this happen once before I would suggest on running some carbon for some time until everything clears up and continue to do water changes. Would just keep monitoring everything and should be okay!!
 
Hi WIReefer, Good idea. Luckily I have some carbon on hand. Glad to know it won't be the end of my new corals :) Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new