BTA help!

Rebeccajgates85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m fairly new to salt tank keeping. I was given an established 30 gallon tank with 2 clownfish and 2 yellowtail damsels, one feather duster worm and a “cleaning crew with some snails and crabs. I had a green bubble algae outbreak and bought an emerald crab. Emerald crab is doing his job and doing it well.. but while I was at the reef/fish store I also fell in love with a little green and purple BTA! I’ve done a couple of feedings with freeze dried brine shrimp and Kent Marine microvert.. the anemone doesn’t seem to be the same color and I wondered what I’m doing wrong? Or if this is normal?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Some patience is needed for BTA to adjust to its new home.

A47CA4D8-9291-4473-A355-1F6A05D6D783.gif

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You came to the right place. Tons of people inherent that probably went through the same thing you’re going through. Try to make sure to take pics with white light. Blue might look nice but it’s awful for pics when we’re trying to see anything going wrong. The more details the better. Maybe search some of the emergency threads on here to see what details people are giving as some examples of the best way to get the important info that will get you the best help. Good luck!!!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m fairly new to salt tank keeping. I was given an established 30 gallon tank with 2 clownfish and 2 yellowtail damsels, one feather duster worm and a “cleaning crew with some snails and crabs. I had a green bubble algae outbreak and bought an emerald crab. Emerald crab is doing his job and doing it well.. but while I was at the reef/fish store I also fell in love with a little green and purple BTA! I’ve done a couple of feedings with freeze dried brine shrimp and Kent Marine microvert.. the anemone doesn’t seem to be the same color and I wondered what I’m doing wrong? Or if this is normal?
Could be your lights are different from the stores. Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Back