BTA tank flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter HiImSean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HiImSean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
370
Reaction score
218
Location
Acworth, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious how much flow you typically use for an anemone tank. My 66g SCA tank is becoming more and more anemone focused (7 rainbows now and looking for some greens) and I’ve got a gyre 1k at 50%, 2x gyre 2k at 25-60% programmed, and a mp10qd at 100%. My return flow is pretty minimal. I just don’t know if I should turn the gyres up a bit or I can up my dc return pump, it’s running about 600gph right now. One of the newer BTA is tucked away under some rocks but I’m sure it’ll find a spot it likes soon.

FAAE8210-20E0-4C5C-9C20-2204C620ECAD.jpeg

55A7097C-B136-40DF-8EDC-818A54ACE9F8.jpeg
 
I have the 1k on the left side of the overflow, mp10 I moved from the side glass to the back right side of the overflow today
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new