OP
OP
btmedic04

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about that! It sounds like you have a good game plan, though. I hope for the best!

Thank you! Reef keeping is all about learning experiences and this is just another one in my journey.

Polyps were out on most of my acros today, but there are a couple that are obviously stressed. Hopefully they settle in and start healing.

In other news, I picked up my 20 long from my dads house today. Needs cleaned, but it will make a good project tank. Now to decide what that project will be lol.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Reef keeping is all about learning experiences and this is just another one in my journey.

Polyps were out on most of my acros today, but there are a couple that are obviously stressed. Hopefully they settle in and start healing.

In other news, I picked up my 20 long from my dads house today. Needs cleaned, but it will make a good project tank. Now to decide what that project will be lol.

You're absolutely right about that! After 12 years of saltwater tanks, I'm still learning. I still may lose an acro or two after my direct sun experience (new windows) that I didn't know was hitting the tank until it was too late. There was one spot that must have really been getting blasted, and those frags are closer to the front of the tank, which I'm sure didn't help matters. Live and learn!

I hope everything continues to recover and you find a good use for that project tank....hmmmm, mantis? ;Happy I still haven't figured out what will ultimately end up in my new 16 BioCube, but that's part of the fun!

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man...good luck. great advice on the plugs...so easily to overlook and just put the whole frag in.

OP
OP
btmedic04

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're absolutely right about that! After 12 years of saltwater tanks, I'm still learning. I still may lose an acro or two after my direct sun experience (new windows) that I didn't know was hitting the tank until it was too late. There was one spot that must have really been getting blasted, and those frags are closer to the front of the tank, which I'm sure didn't help matters. Live and learn!

I hope everything continues to recover and you find a good use for that project tank....hmmmm, mantis? ;Happy I still haven't figured out what will ultimately end up in my new 16 BioCube, but that's part of the fun!

Thanks! Mantis shrimp are super cool, but also nightmare material so we shall see! I've been cycling about 10 or 15lbs of rock in a 5 gallon bucket with a heater and powerhead for about a month now so I have a bit of a head start for when I do decide what to do with that extra 20L

OP
OP
btmedic04

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man...good luck. great advice on the plugs...so easily to overlook and just put the whole frag in.

Thanks! Yeah, I never thought about it or maybe it was a bit of greed to keep the encrusted stuff that caused to me to keep the plugs. Never again! Live and learn!

OP
OP
btmedic04

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All encrusted stuff has been epoxied over, so any eafw in the DT should starve out in time. Im planning on 90 days with no acros and then re-evaluating if I should go to 120 days.

The skimmer has been going nuts, so I've been emptying it as it fills and topping off with new saltwater. Slowest water change ive done ever, but I feel it will be more effective at getting that crap out

40B post epoxy madness
20201109_125530.jpg

In a happier tank, I managed to snag a pic of my yasha goby and pistol shrimp in my nuvo 10. Here they are
20201109_142548.jpg
20201109_142548.jpg

OP
OP
btmedic04

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 2 of dipping complete. I think I maybe one or two small aefw come off, but I'm not sure. I think I did catch it early or that sapphire damsel has been putting in some work. Sorry I dont have any pictures tonight. Lights are off and everything dipped is mad. The battle continues

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first packages have arrived bringing with them my sump, plumbing and sand. Tomorrows packages will bring the life support systems needed. I have to admit, the cost of the trigger triton 26 v2 has kind of a put off, but after seeing it in person I totally understand why. This is probably the most beautiful sump I've seen in person. Hopefully everything goes well this weekend with building the stand and plumbing!

20190821_191433.jpg

My nuvos that are going to be combined into this system

20190821_192202.jpg

20190821_192223.jpg
looking great.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good....
how is the eSsence S-130 doing?
is it easy to adjust , does it pull enough out?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 83 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back