OP
Mattscubeofwater

Mattscubeofwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: Did the Vibrant kill all or any of your snails? Do you plan to remove the emerald crabs eventually? I use MicroBacter 7 to clarify my water and reduce NO3, and GFO to absorb P. Do I stop these, as they are not slowly down the BA spread?
Thanks for this thread, I will treat my 120 gallon reef as you outline above, as I am getting more and more BA.

I had 1 snail loss but it was after I stopped using he Vibrant so I don’t think that killed it. I plan on leaving the emeralds in. Honestly I would stop Gfo and anything else while carbon dosing. Don’t skimp on it either you don’t want to be using it long term so dose fully and heavily to knock it out.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large chetto refugum do i empty it out ad turn off my fuge light during treament?

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large chetto refugum do i empty it out ad turn off my fuge light during treament?

As a precaution, I would take half out and preserve it in an offline tank.

Using Vibrant at these higher doses almost wiped out all my macro, including my chaeto.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had millions and million of BA in my 525XL ... Tried everything .. You name it ... Finally started the combination of Vibrant (once in three days) and NOPOX the rest of the days ... Took almost a month and FINALLY I could see my original rock after a year or so ... Man .. what a ride ...I have more than 20 Crabs there ... Now I have to re home it ... Yes I lost all my snails, Urchin and my RBTA is not doing well... Going to the regular maintenance dose of Vibrant ( Once in 2 weeks) and NOPOX daily (very small dose)... Currently the No3 and Po4 are untraceable using salifert kit ... Lets see how it goes ...

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had millions and million of BA in my 525XL ... Tried everything .. You name it ... Finally started the combination of Vibrant (once in three days) and NOPOX the rest of the days ... Took almost a month and FINALLY I could see my original rock after a year or so ... Man .. what a ride ...I have more than 20 Crabs there ... Now I have to re home it ... Yes I lost all my snails, Urchin and my RBTA is not doing well... Going to the regular maintenance dose of Vibrant ( Once in 2 weeks) and NOPOX daily (very small dose)... Currently the No3 and Po4 are untraceable using salifert kit ... Lets see how it goes ...
Got any updates to share?

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned the hard way, mine came back after I thought they were gone. Keep dosing longer than you think you need to. All it took was a 6500k bulb in my t5 fixture and it exploded again. Now I’m bio pellet free and running macro so I’ll need to figure out how to keep that alive while dosing. May go NOPOX as well to wipe these things out.

FWIW should have a fox face and emeralds and other gangs and I don’t think they touch the stuff.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back