Bubble algae need help !!

SaltwaterTanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has had bubble algae I tried the suction it out method and it did not go well at all . I’ve also tried using crabs but they didn’t do anything I’m also scared they would mess with my coral . I now think the algae will spread a lot due to what happen . Is there anything I can do to help ?!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My tank has had bubble algae I tried the suction it out method and it did not go well at all . I’ve also tried using crabs but they didn’t do anything I’m also scared they would mess with my coral . I now think the algae will spread a lot due to what happen . Is there anything I can do to help ?!
Foxface rabbit generally will nip and eat it.
My best success in removal was use of Liquid Vibrant. Dose it at 80% of recommended and remove chaeto into a bucket if you have any during treatment.

1587326349674.png

OP
OP
SaltwaterTanks

SaltwaterTanks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! I have a 30 gallon nano cube so I don’t know if I could get a Fox face ?is this stuff safe with corals will it cause any damage to anything ?
Foxface rabbit generally will nip and eat it.
My best success in removal was use of Liquid Vibrant. Dose it at 80% of recommended and remove chaeto into a bucket if you have any during treatment.

1587326349674.png

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won't damage anything. It's just bacteria! You will need to keep an eye on your parameters as they will start to rise as it dies off and there is nothing taking up excess nutrients. Manual removal will help speed up the process

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back