Bubble Algae on Bubble Coral

Olympius

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
23
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just discovered what I think it bubble algae on a new bubble coral I just purchased. It is right on the tip of its skeleton, which I noticed at night while the coral was closed up. Is it safe to clip off the edge of the skeleton with bone cutters to remove it all together or should I peroxide dip?

D13968F4-3C9B-42F3-A924-DEF3FD19DFE5.jpeg A9A11E2F-30EC-4CB3-B5A1-DEA08515F423.jpeg B2141FCD-C863-46CF-9801-35F62787E265.jpeg C16E77A1-8F14-426A-9481-C85B02534E87.jpeg 546E65C1-5ED4-406B-B529-AD9E4C46AD0C.jpeg
 
Personally, I'd give it a few days to see what it looks like once it settles in. I wouldn't cut away part of the skeleton and risk infecting or causing a lot of damage to the flesh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new