Bubble Maggus qq3 problems please help

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatsup fellas ,
I just bought a bubble Maggus qq3 for my aqueon 29 standard tank. I know this is commonly discussed but I feel like my problem is different. When I turn it on I held the air valve for 60 seconds as instructed but then when I let it go the bubbles go all the way to the top, then fill the collection cup. The water level then starts to rise with bubbles and doesn’t stop then overflows. Has anyone heard of this?
maybe it’s too big for a 29? Or air intake on the silencer needs to be adjusted but I don’t know how it’s not adjustable. Please help thank you

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to adjust the bubbles there’s one little opening with no valve

Acroconut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this same skimmer running on my 13.5 gal Fluval. The only thing I had to do was put a longer overflow tube on it so I could keep the skimmer cup up high enough during the break in period. It skimmed pretty wet at first. After 4 or 5 days it settled down and I lowered the cup. Collection cup sits up about 2" now and it produces dark skimate. I also put a longer air intake on mine so I can run the air through a small CO2 scrubber. It's been a little work horse for me.

OP
OP
Scaggs1117

Scaggs1117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this same skimmer running on my 13.5 gal Fluval. The only thing I had to do was put a longer overflow tube on it so I could keep the skimmer cup up high enough during the break in period. It skimmed pretty wet at first. After 4 or 5 days it settled down and I lowered the cup. Collection cup sits up about 2" now and it produces dark skimate. I also put a longer air intake on mine so I can run the air through a small CO2 scrubber. It's been a little work horse for me.
I was thinking of doing that but wasn’t sure if that was a thing lol thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back