OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U have it at 3. Id turn it to off. The lowest setting. Give it a good 24-48hr run time. Than increase to 2
U will prob be skimming at 2.
The micro bubbles in the sump area coming from the bottom of ur skimmer will halt after break in i agree with the others.
-d
If I turn it lower i.e. 2, the cup just fills with water and there is no bubbles in the cup at all. Is that a way to break it in?

OP
OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That front right section looks available for the skimmer with a much higher water level. Turn skimmer section into a fuge.
I could possible do that, but that is my RO/DI chamber for the ATO.

As for the return pump in the skimmer chamber I can't unfortunately do that without redoing the plumbing.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be able to raise the water level in the now return chamber without raising the level in the now skimmer chamber.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im sorry. Turn it to max and lower the water level inside the skimmer.
When u wake up in the morning after.sleep.it will have settled and be at the correct water height per setting. Than increase half of a setting. Till the head foam is at the neck of the skimmer.
D

OP
OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im sorry. Turn it to max and lower the water level inside the skimmer.
When u wake up in the morning after.sleep.it will have settled and be at the correct water height per setting. Than increase half of a setting. Till the head foam is at the neck of the skimmer.
D
I'll give that a shot, but at max it produces an extreme amount of micro bubbles.

Why this has to be so difficult is beyond me lol

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yes the.micro bubbles will happen more now that we.lowered it. Ull see the foam head turn yellow. Than brown and have some detritus in it. The foam head.will get heavier and heavier with organics and fall down on itself. Eventually that heavy foam head pushes up the lighter foam and u get.skimate. lol.
Uhg i hope thats understandable. I think u got this.figured out.
D

OP
OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put ato in return pump section.
Great suggestions all around. I think before I try to modify the sump I'll just bring up the water level in the skimmer section which will also bring up the water level in the return chamber. This will be far above the level of the baffle but...will likely have to modify!

OP
OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yes the.micro bubbles will happen more now that we.lowered it. Ull see the foam head turn yellow. Than brown and have some detritus in it. The foam head.will get heavier and heavier with organics and fall down on itself. Eventually that heavy foam head pushes up the lighter foam and u get.skimate. lol.
Uhg i hope thats understandable. I think u got this.figured out.
D
That makes perfect sense, I'll give it a shot!!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great suggestions all around. I think before I try to modify the sump I'll just bring up the water level in the skimmer section which will also bring up the water level in the return chamber. This will be far above the level of the baffle but...will likely have to modify!
Good luck bud!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back