Bubble Tip Anemone Show Off / Eye Candy Thread

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new bta tank is finally up and runnning.

Nem list:

2x Black widows
Marz Martian rbta
Phoenix rbta
Inferno rbta
2x Ultra rbta
White banded gbta
White tipped bta
4fd398d3f21244512af8b2003d826244.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new bta tank is finally up and runnning.

Nem list:

2x Black widows
Marz Martian rbta
Phoenix rbta
Inferno rbta
2x Ultra rbta
White banded gbta
White tipped bta
4fd398d3f21244512af8b2003d826244.jpg
I'd be careful mixing aquacultured anemones and wild anemones. Anecdoctally, some have had their expensive aquacultured anemones die on them when adding rainbows or wild anemones that were just collected.

For instance, I wouldn't put my Inferno with a Rainbow personally.

When I added my Colorado Sunburst to my tank 3 years ago, I had two Rainbow BTAs. My CSB almost died from a bacterial infection and i treated it with Cipro. After treating it, I removed the Rainbows and never had a problem again.

Again, anecdotal as I could never associate directly but I am one of many that experienced the same thing.

Just keep an eye out for lack of inflation, tips that look damaged.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be careful mixing aquacultured anemones and wild anemones. Anecdoctally, some have had their expensive aquacultured anemones die on them when adding rainbows or wild anemones that were just collected.

For instance, I wouldn't put my Inferno with a Rainbow personally.

When I added my Colorado Sunburst to my tank 3 years ago, I had two Rainbow BTAs. My CSB almost died from a bacterial infection and i treated it with Cipro. After treating it, I removed the Rainbows and never had a problem again.

Again, anecdotal as I could never associate directly but I am one of many that experienced the same thing.

Just keep an eye out for lack of inflation, tips that look damaged.
Has anyone experimented with ciproing all anemones in question for a month, then seeing if they can comingle?

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had too many problems mixing wild vs cultured.

I had mixed nem tanks for awhile. The real problem is when you have a sick nem which can be either wild or cultured and then it spreads.

Some of my wild nems are super troopers and survive the most catastrophic situations.

Happens in my shroom tank too... :/

These nems have been together for a long while already. Only blip though is my lot of black widows. Bought 9... only 2 left. The ones that died were in dedicated and isolated single species tanks even. Ironically the ones in the mixed tank faired better...

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had mixed nem tanks for awhile. The real problem is when you have a sick nem which can be either wild or cultured and then it spreads.

Some of my wild nems are super troopers and survive the most catastrophic situations.

These nems have been together for a long while already. Only blip though is my lot of black widows. Bought 9... only 2 left. The ones that died were in dedicated and isolated single species tanks even. Ironically the ones in the mixed tank faired better...
Did you do anything special when introducing? What science did you watch out for when looking for a sick anemone? Or even a questionable another me for that matter

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nano, what aquacultured anemones did you keep besides BWs? Always nice to hear about other's experiences.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the list I have, about 3/4 of it are cultured (I had more but had a severe tank crash from a 8" BTA fail at splitting and then clogging my pumps while I was away on a biz trip).

The green banded and white tipped btas are wild. I had a wild POTO supernova that was a real survivor before the crash ultimately took it out.

Only best practice I did was QT the new nems before intro. I will probably proactively treat with cipro as part of my QT protocol though with my new setup since I am moving almost all my nems into the new tank. (Trying to get species only tanks set up)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back