Bubble tip anenome advice

Becky S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

Per my previous post about my aggressive clowns, would a bubble tip anenome calm them down or make them more aggressive? They currently host my pipework at the top of the tank

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will make them aggressive within the parimeter of the anemone. I love having an anemone with the clowns though. They might not take to the anemone like mine didn't but if you stick a clear tube over the anemone and put the fish in eventually they'll host it lol. Best to put the anemone in the corner/one side of the tank to give the other fish less issues.

Upvote 0

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s kind of a weird dynamic as most people say adding an anemone will increase aggression. I’ve found that is kind of true. My female clown would charge my hand and nip me all the time. Since adding an anemone, she only does that near “her space”, but also will get scared and run and hide in her anemone. So doing maintenance just makes her retreat now to her safe spot.

Upvote 0

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female always retreated to her nem, but the male would attack my hand where ever I stuck it in the tank regardless if it was the opposite end of the tank or not.

Upvote 0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 liter tank (Red Sea Max Nano) with two maroon clowns in. Already a fairly aggressive type of clown fish. The tank was always meant to be an anemone tank- and when i added the BTA's to the tank the clowns almost instantly changed their behaviour and became way more aggressive and territorial.

I am now terrified of putting my hands in there :face-with-tears-of-joy: Bravely delegated to my Glaswegian missus. You don't mess with her- or indeed the clowns now!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 152 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back