Bubble Tip Problems

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggest a lot of reading and then even more patience! Many books out there on the subject. Takes most of us years to get to the point of being able to keep a "successful" reef tank.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggest a lot of reading and then even more patience! Many books out there on the subject. Takes most of us years to get to the point of being able to keep a "successful" reef tank.
... and just when you are "successful", you will change your definition of successful! :D

Learning is a journey not a destination.

Dennis

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those red anemones are pretty nice. The photo is over saturated, but even real color they are super nice.

What happened with the bleached anemone?

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use the LFS, it was too early to introduce a BTA into your tank, and it was having a hard time because of your water parameters are not where they need to be. If it's doing well it's luck.

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+10 on what everyone is telling you. I am new to Reefkeeping, just set my first reef tank in beginning of September. Of course, my wife, daughter and myself were sooo excited to get an anemone and have a couple clownfish living in it. Luckily my LFS wants to see their clients succeed in this very sensitive hobby, and he advised against it. Not only did he advise against it, but he flat out told me no lol. And I didn’t question him. Instead, he GAVE me my first Zoas. A tiny rock with about 5 polyps on it. Told me to see if I could keep those alive for 2 weeks, and then we could talk about adding more. In those 2 weeks I studied studied studied and researched like it was my job. I wanted to be successful in this hobby (as well as double checked the info he was giving me [emoji57]) and so far I have had no casualties. My daughter still asks for an anemone every time we go to the LFS. And the answer remains no because my tank just isn’t ready for one. Just my 2 cents

xjshake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates? my tank is at the end of the cycle process and just curious how yours turned out

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back