Bubble tip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LadyMac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2017
Messages
6,080
Reaction score
25,878
Location
Easley
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy was sold to me as a green bubble tip. It’s still very small, but it found itself a good spot rather quickly. I liked the fact it was feisty in the store(the guy who bagged it said it stung him a few times lol.) since this is my first anemone, is the ID right? His little tendrils just seem so short. He’s got a little hermit crab friend close by. Not sure if that’s smart on the crabs side....
69C4BD6A-4FA1-4C86-880E-374731D6AA6F.jpeg
487FA4D3-B787-47F9-ABCC-55BE4A5AECB8.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I can’t see it staying there tho :rolleyes:
 
I can’t see it staying there tho :rolleyes:
Oh? Why not? His foot is underneath( he’s in a good little crevice) and he can get as much light and shade as he wants right there. If he moves that’s fine too. But he hasn’t since I put him in yesterday, even when I fed the tank the reef roids today, he retracted for a few hours and then came right back where he slept last night. I mean, nems are strange lol. We will see
 
Oh? Why not? His foot is underneath( he’s in a good little crevice) and he can get as much light and shade as he wants right there. If he moves that’s fine too. But he hasn’t since I put him in yesterday, even when I fed the tank the reef roids today, he retracted for a few hours and then came right back where he slept last night. I mean, nems are strange lol. We will see

looks too dark and sheltered, they like flow and light. It’s probably just settling in, then it’ll be off to find a better home.
 
That works. There is good flow there but he is kinda in a hole. The powerhead blows pretty much right on it.
 
Here’s a kinda side shot. He’s not really shaded too much. Though the other pics seem so. The powerhead is right above and slightly to the left of him he gets some decent sway going
8CE20FFB-CF35-4732-8570-8C16D642CC83.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new