Bubble tip?

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy was sold to me as a green bubble tip. It’s still very small, but it found itself a good spot rather quickly. I liked the fact it was feisty in the store(the guy who bagged it said it stung him a few times lol.) since this is my first anemone, is the ID right? His little tendrils just seem so short. He’s got a little hermit crab friend close by. Not sure if that’s smart on the crabs side....
69C4BD6A-4FA1-4C86-880E-374731D6AA6F.jpeg
487FA4D3-B787-47F9-ABCC-55BE4A5AECB8.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see it staying there tho :rolleyes:
Oh? Why not? His foot is underneath( he’s in a good little crevice) and he can get as much light and shade as he wants right there. If he moves that’s fine too. But he hasn’t since I put him in yesterday, even when I fed the tank the reef roids today, he retracted for a few hours and then came right back where he slept last night. I mean, nems are strange lol. We will see

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh? Why not? His foot is underneath( he’s in a good little crevice) and he can get as much light and shade as he wants right there. If he moves that’s fine too. But he hasn’t since I put him in yesterday, even when I fed the tank the reef roids today, he retracted for a few hours and then came right back where he slept last night. I mean, nems are strange lol. We will see

looks too dark and sheltered, they like flow and light. It’s probably just settling in, then it’ll be off to find a better home.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works. There is good flow there but he is kinda in a hole. The powerhead blows pretty much right on it.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a kinda side shot. He’s not really shaded too much. Though the other pics seem so. The powerhead is right above and slightly to the left of him he gets some decent sway going
8CE20FFB-CF35-4732-8570-8C16D642CC83.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back