Bubblebath Unicorn

Dlealrious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
1,094
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, wondering if this coral is a high light coral? Like will it get brighter corals at 500 600 par?
 
I've got mine in very high PAR. Probably around 500-600 PAR. It is doing very well.

Bubblebath.jpg
 
I have mine at 500 with good results (though some reports I've seen say they get better color at moderate par levels). This one doesn't like shading at all so make sure to mount completely vertically. I had mine mounted somewhat horizontally in the beginning and it started to die from the shaded side pretty quick. I was able to save it by remounting vertically.
 
500-600 PAR also. Seems happy. it grows pretty fast at that PAR. I'm not that happy with the color. It's mostly green with a bit of purple at the tips. I may cut a few branches off and try lower PAR and see what happens.

It could also be spectrum. I'm running my LEDs add about 15 K.
 
I'm running a T5 hybrid w/Radion. Bulbs are blue plus and coral plus. Radion is using SPS AB+ spectrum at 65% intensity.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new