Took some out was worse..

4F6BA2E5-51E5-42C3-B017-1DE5893CB352.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your sump have filter socks where the water comes in??

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don' see them in the pic try to modify with sponge if no filter socks to stop it from hitting the surface so hard.

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater will usually foam this way when it’s turbulent. I think it’s normal since you removed the socks. However you want to either replace the socks or lower the tubes deeper in the water so you don’t create a ton of salt from the bubbles bursting on everything

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater will usually foam this way when it’s turbulent. I think it’s normal since you removed the socks. However you want to either replace the socks or lower the tubes deeper in the water so you don’t create a ton of salt from the bubbles bursting on everything

Pipes are pretty deep into the water..

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New socks usually have some sort of stuff on them that will cause something like that if they aren't rinsed really well first. I just ran my new socks through a heavy duty hot rinse in the washing machine.

Yes brand new and didn’t rinse. It wasn’t that bad at first. Only thing I’ve added is microbacter 7

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said new sump, I assume new tank? Use epoxy putty or anything like that? Microbacter didn't give me bubbles..

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said new sump, I assume new tank? Use epoxy putty or anything like that? Microbacter didn't give me bubbles..

Just normal cement and etcher for plumbing and glued some rock couple months back with the aquamaxx beads

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just normal cement and etcher for plumbing and glued some rock couple months back with the aquamaxx beads

Are you using Caribsea Life Rock by any chance? According to Carribsea, the Life Rock will produce suds in the beginning and suggest leaving the skimmer off during cycling. Possibly other man made rocks may do this as well.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Caribsea Life Rock by any chance? According to Carribsea, the Life Rock will produce suds in the beginning and suggest leaving the skimmer off during cycling. Possibly other man made rocks may do this as well.

All rock has been dried out and acid washed and dried out again before entering tank.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back